Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer ( REMOTE )
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Infrastructure Operations Engineer
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that support client and internal IT infrastructure, promoting end to end ownership of infrastructure solutions, assessments, and recommendations, delivering mission critical infrastructure, and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. Qualified systems engineers will have an extensive background in IT infrastructure and a proven record of high-level engineering experience.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Serve as subject matter expert in multiple Microsoft and Linux Technologies, including Azure, Office365, Active Directory, ADFS, DNS, Clustering, etc.
· Responsible for the design and build of resources on premise and in a cloud hosted infrastructure including servers, networks, storage, disks, etc.
· Initiate and support the development of activities and technologies aimed at improving our security posture
· Create conceptual, logical, and physical architectural diagrams representing IT systems
· Recommend infrastructure improvements for business continuity and disaster recovery
· Interface with all levels of client IT and business personnel
· Create, update, and curate IT Operations runbooks
· Provide engineering support for Incident Management
· Perform on-call duties as needed to support client technology services
· Ensure ongoing documentation of all supported systems and processes
· Strong hands-on technology professional with relevant and recent experience on consoles
· Experience with variety of infrastructure solutions; conversant across technology landscape
· Consulting or Sales Engineering experience
· Attitude of continuous learning, certifications, and professional development
· Deep technical knowledge of Compute, Storage datacenter operations
· Expertise in VMWare, HyperV, or Nutanix virtualization technologies
· Expertise in Linux and Windows server solutions
· Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google)
· DevOps, Ansible, PowerShell, Python, Terraform, etc.
· Storage Infrastructure
· Office365, Active Directory, DNS, ADFS
· Network Industry Certification (Cisco CCNA or CCNP)
· Minimum 5 years of proven experience in IT Support, Delivery and Operations, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Prior experience working with a Managed Services Provider preferred
· Superior communication skills and command of written and spoken English
· Strong analytical skills, good balance in conceptual and pragmatic thinking
· Excellent team player and leader with willingness to develop others for outstanding results
· Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
· A broad range of technical skills with a strong desire to constantly expand skillset
· Highly motivated, self-starter.
· Ability to work independently and as a team without constant supervision.
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time when required
This position reports directly to the Infrastructure Manager.
Get fresh Senior Infrastructure Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.