Data Engineer - Consumer Goods Data Domain ( Remote )
ThinkHire LLC New Hyde Park, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $140,000 to $165,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
We are looking for a Senor Data Engineer to join our client's growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing their data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
Experiences, Qualifications and Traits
- Minimum 5+ years of experience designing and developing data storage and ingestion architectures, data processing and analytical pipelines for big data, relational databases, NoSQL, and data lake solutions on AWS
- Big Data technologies such as Powershell, C#, Java, Node.js, Python, SQL, ADLS/Blob, Spark/SparkSQL, Databricks, Hive and streaming technologies such as Kafka, EventHub, NiFI etc.
- RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Netezza, others)
- ETL development using ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, DataStage, Other) and native database programming languages (T-SQL, PL/SQL, others)
- Experience with data modeling tools (ERWin, IBM InfoSphere Architect, other)
- Experience in using Big Data File Formats and compression techniques.
- Experience working with Developer tools such as Visual Studio Team Server, GitLabs, Jenkins, etc.
- Well versed in DevOps and CI/CD deployments
- Familiarity with concepts and technology stacks available for Metadata Management, Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, Lineage, Data Catalog etc.
- Cloud migration methodologies and experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Strong tenacity and ability to overcome barriers due to technology, process, or people.
- Strong customer and user experience focus with the ability to manage complexity and ambiguity
- Other duties as assigned
ThinkHire LLCWhy Work Here?
Connecting great Talent with incredible Opportunities.
As a decision maker in your organization, ThinkHire understands that the most important and sometimes the heaviest burden you have is creating and developing a leadership team around you to serve as your council, your executive think tank. We understand that you want to reserve those seats for only the most qualified and talented candidates who possess the knowledge, skills and experience you will not find through your Talent Acquisition department or your typical staffing firm. Our robust executive network and database spans across the globe and is comprised of the world’s foremost authorities in their professional field. Many of our candidates already serve as industry leaders in today’s corporate workforce, while we’ve identified others as brilliant “Up and Comers” exhibiting the intellectual aptitude and business acumen of tomorrow’s C-suite. It’s these highly valued and nurtured relationships that set ThinkHire apart from the common staffing firm.
AddressNew Hyde Park, NY