Sr. Renewables Permitting Manager, Land Use and Zoning - REMOTE
- Posted: April 01, 2023
Sr. Renewables Permitting Manager, Zoning and Land-Use
Locations: FULLY REMOTE (Anywhere in the USA); US NATIONWIDE PORTFOLIO
This an opportunity to join an industry leading renewable energy venture with strong private equity backing that is focused on the development and execution of dynamic utility-scale energy storage projects. They are at the forefront of the industry, have accumulated over 8GW of projects in a relatively short period of time, and are currently in an accelerated expansion phase which includes the growth of their Project Development Team.
The role will be joining an expanding Energy Storage Project Development Team and work with Department Leaders on strategic permitting initiatives (development zoning, land use, due diligence, environmental compliance, state/local level permitting advocacy..etc) across the portfolio.
It will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the permitting/zoning elements of innovative complex renewable energy projects through partnerships with members of the Project Development Team on individualized permitting/zoning project development plans and de-risking strategies. This role will sit on the US Project Development Team and requires Attorney / Legal Counsel credentials OR SME level experience advocating for land use permits based on zoning codes at public hearings.
They are committed to creating more renewable infrastructure solutions for the grid and are offering comprehensive compensation packages that include forecasted long term equity incentive opportunities to their employees leading the drive to meet company goals. Other perks included a competitive base salary, open PTO policy, flex work hours, benefits stipend, the opportunity to work with a transparent Executive Leadership Team..and more.
- The Sr. Renewables Permitting Manager (Land Use & Zoning) - Acts as an SME in the areas of permitting/zoning, project risk assessments, and environmental concerns for utility-scale renewable energy storage projects that are to be interconnected across ISOs/RTOs nationwide
- The Sr. Renewables Permitting Manager (Land Use & Zoning) - Leads land use, permitting, and zoning inquiries/public hearings related to prospective as well as active renewable energy projects
- The Sr. Renewables Permitting Manager (Land Use & Zoning) - Develops and implements a cohesive renewable project development permitting, zoning, and environmental management framework to evaluate new and prospective projects
- The Sr. Renewables Permitting Manager (Land Use & Zoning) - Works hands-on with the Development Leads on utility-scale renewable battery storage project specific permitting initiatives across the company's portfolio to ensure projects meet NTP/COD deadlines
- SME level expertise building out complex permitting strategies including early stage development permitting zoning analysis and late stage support of the permit filing advocacy process for large infrastructure projects
- Experience drafting land zoning analysis & permitting plans for prospective energy infrastructure sites
- Ability to work hands-on with Project Developers and develop presentations on permitting/environmental project risk, permit filings, and environmental development compliance requirements; Excellent communication skills
- Track record of success creating permitting strategies that have led to project NTP/COD status
- Direct experience working through land entitlement, environmental regulations, and land development strategies
- Understanding of national energy markets as they relate to land permitting requirements PREFERRED - PJM, ERCOT, SPP, MISO, NYISO, ISO-NE, and CAISO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?