Financial Analyst, Renewables Project Finance - REMOTE
- Expired: June 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Locations: FULLY REMOTE (Anywhere in the USA)
This an opportunity to join an industry leading renewable energy venture with strong private equity backing that is focused on the development and execution of dynamic utility-scale energy storage projects. They are at the forefront of the industry, have accumulated over 7GW of projects in a relatively short period of time, and are currently in an accelerated expansion phase which includes the addition of an Renewables Financial Analyst.
The incumbent needs to have strong commercial acumen as well a solid understanding or ability to quickly learn the financial nuances that go into utility-scale renewables development, EPC, and operational transactions. It is important that candidates have a SOLID FINANCIAL MODELING and the ability to tailor their communication of key project finance initiatives to various stakeholders in an easy to understand format. The scope of work will stretch across project development, origination, interconnection / power markets, EPC, and construction financing transactions.
Key exposures to off-take strategies with a focus on the bidding and structuring process for complex energy infrastructure projects is a HUGE PLUS for this position. It works cross-functionally with the Project Development, EPC, Transmission & Interconnection Teams on all financial modeling initiatives at each stage of the projects across the company's portfolio.
They are committed to creating more renewable infrastructure solutions for the grid and are offering long term EQUITY BASED BONUS INCENTIVES OPPORTUNITIES to their employees leading the drive to meet company goals. Other perks included a competitive base salary, open PTO policy, flex work hours, benefits, the opportunity to work with a transparent Executive Leadership Team..and more.
- The Renewables Financial Analyst / Project Finance Associate - works with SMEs across the organization on financial modeling initiatives at the project and strategic levels supporting utility-scale renewable transmission interconnected across ISOs/RTOs nationwide
- The Renewables Financial Analyst / Project Finance Associate - takes full ownership of the financial models associated with renewable project off-take, bidding, debt/equity structuring, project sales, and tax incentive strategies
- The Renewables Financial Analyst / Project Finance Associate - partners with key stakeholders to create/implement financial analysis and forecasting tools for corporate financing, capital market requirements, FP&A, and renewable project financing assessments
- The Renewables Financial Analyst / Project Finance Associate - is accountable for optimizing the company's financial analytic processes and helping mitigate risk to the company's portfolio by constantly reviewing industry macroeconomic trends (interests rates...tax law...changes in finance structures..) in the renewables industry and/or the corresponding US Power Markets
- 2-4+ Years of HEAVY financial modeling experience supporting Power, Renewables, Capital Market, or Investment Banking transactions
- MUST have STRONG FINANCE MODELING expertise in Microsoft Excel (MS Excel)
- Any experience with debt sales transactions, leveraged back deals, and/or tax equity project finance are a HUGE plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to presents complex analytical formulas in an understandable format to key internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to participate (or quickly learn to participate) in advance level discussions in the utility-scale renewables (solar...wind..storage), transmission, and battery storage space
- Experience with renewables battery storage or energy storage projects is NOT required but HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- An understanding of national energy power markets - PJM, ERCOT, SPP, MISO, NYISO, ISO-NE, and CAISO is beneficial but NOT required
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ThinkBAC Consulting