Think Simple has immediate opening for a CNC Set-up Machinist/Operator. With direct supervision, responsible for operating various machine tools to produce quality parts in an efficient manner. Expert in different controls and machines including Haas VF2 and Timesavers Surface Finishing Machine. General knowledge of metal finishing processes like anodizing and plating is preferred.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Set-up and run Haas CNC machine with live tooling.
- Follow management instructions and production procedures.
- Inspect parts completely looking for discrepancies and blemishes.
- Operate CNC machines changing cutting tools, adjusting offsets to make a quality part. Work efficiently as to run multiple machines at once.
- Recommend and select cutting tools, design fixtures and work holdings
- Contribute to company wide team effort by accomplishing related tasks as directed.
- Work with a helpful constructive attitude that benefits the company.
- Maintain a clean work area and fill machine fluids daily.
- Report and tag discrepancies and not pass on a "bad" part.
- Work in a safe manner using proper PPE's (Personal Protective Equipment) and report safety issues or injuries to lead person.
- Other job duties as assigned
- A minimum of 7 years experience with setup and operation of CNC Machines
- CNC training, Mastercam 19 courses and high school diploma preferred
- Ability to read and write in English
- Working knowledge of GD&T Methodology and experience with tight tolerance parts
- Familiarity in machining various grades of aluminum, titanium and steels to close tolerances a plus
- Must be familiar with Haas controls
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions and must have strong finger dexterity and good vision
- Position involves reaching, bending, squatting and kneeling
- Ability to work on feet/standing up all day
- Ability to lift 50 lbs