Scope of the project:
· The Division of Integrated Health and Policy Research (IHPR) at the Institute for Families and Society, is looking for a Tableau System Administrator with rich experience in installation, configuration and administration of the Tableau server (Windows/SQL) and client applications.
· This Tableau System Administrator position also involves the design and development of the BI/Tableau data infrastructure, data source creation, security (user access), change control of Tableau objects and overall Tableau support.
· Development experience in the Tableau environment is required.
· The collaborative nature of this project requires excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and refine requirements.
Daily duties / responsibilities:
· Install, configure and support Tableau Server and associated Tableau client products
· Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance
· Conduct performance analysis of existing Tableau Servers and make Best Practice recommendations
· Perform day to day administration of Tableau Servers in Windows environment
· Understand Medicaid claims/encounter data, social determinants of health, and other health-related data in order to conceptualize reporting visualizations
· Develop, design, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions for Medicaid and other healthcare data
· Perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design
· Review and improve existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems
· Conduct unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues
· Provide 2nd tier support to user community on various Tableau Server and Desktop issues
· Assist in design, implementation and maintenance of application systems and IT infrastructure for the organization
· Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables
· Minimum 3 years of Tableau Server administration
· Experience with installation, configuration and support of Tableau Server and associated Tableau client products Development experience in the Tableau environment
· Proficient in Tableau command line utility and Tableau extracts
· Expertise in dashboard and report development using Tableau
· Expertise with Tableau BI Product Suite as an administrator and developer
· Knowledge of data warehousing, data modeling, the development of dashboards and report design concepts
· Strong ability to interface and communicate effectively with colleagues and management
· Ability to directly interact with key internal customers effectively
· A solid understanding of SQL, relational databases and normalization
· Experience with SAS
· Experience with cloud environments, such as AWS, GCP, IBM, or Azure
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills to assist production support and issue resolution
· Experience working with healthcare claims data especially Medicaid (3+ years)
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines
· Excellent communication skills (must be able to interface with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
· Excellent requirements gathering skills
· Ability to be a self-starter that can provide leadership
· Bachelors’ Degree in Public Health, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Master’s degree preferred plus 5 or more years of experience in Tableau development and design.
Think Next LLC