Human Resources Specialist / HR Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role will support the distribution centers, splitting your time between the locations within the specific territory you support.
HR Generalist Job Description:
• Assists the management team with all required forms and notifications for various Human Resources related information such as, new hire, terminations and salary increases.
• In conjunction with the HR Advisor team, manages associate relations for both union and/or non-union associates such as disciplinary issues and termination.
• Provides coaching to warehouse line leaders to support human resources management, problem solving and performance management for both union and non-union associates.
• Partners with the HR Advisor team to ensure that all FMLA and other forms and communication relative to Leave of Absences are completed and provided on a timely basis in accordance with Federal and State requirements.
• Partners with the Talent Acquisition team on recruiting for open positions including market labor analysis and advertising and coordinating the logistics for Job Fairs and Interview days.
• Participates in the recruiting process by screening resumes, interviewing and working with hiring managers to select skilled applicants in order to fill any open positions within the distribution center.
• Assists with the completion of the new hire process including offer letter, drug screening, criminal background check, new hire paperwork, and associate benefits and compensation information.
• Conducts new hire orientation and open enrollment meetings as well as specific location onboarding plans.
• Completes all reports / logs and associated documentation required for compliance and completion of Affirmative Action plans.
• Provides training and education to associates on various compliance-related topics such as worker's compensation, affirmative action, workplace violence, sexual harassment and performance management.
• Delivers targeted HR training to the facilities including leadership training, learning map training and developmental training to the warehouse associates in the facility.
• Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process in order to compile measurable data relevant to turnover and attrition.
• Provides local administration for various companywide programs as assigned.
• Serves as a point of contact for various associate related records and files such as vacation and overtime logs, as well as Kronos time management.
• Acts as communication conduit to distribution center lead team members, HR Business Partners/Senior HRBPs on HR policies and legal compliance and the potential impact at their facility.
• Provides communication on changes and updates on all HR programs, policies and benefits and compensation programs.
• Promotes and encourages positive working relationships with and between associates as well as external contacts; assists in organizing and managing associate events including engagement activities.
• Up to 25% travel on a monthly basis required.
Additional Job Description
• Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program
• Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years directly related and progressively responsible experience
• Normally requires a professional license or certificate in specialized field; Professional Human Resources (PHR) preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Effective presentation skills
• Strong training and associate relations experience
• Ability to counsel management on associate relations issues; ability to deal with sensitive information
• Ability to participate in major organizational change initiatives
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Strong decision-making skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Think Next LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Think Next LLC