Financial Administrator / Director of Finance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ø The Director, Financial Services/System Bursar is responsible for the recommendation and ultimate implementation tuition and fees and State mandated and Board of Trustees approved optional student waivers and exemptions. Manage the student and financial information systems as related, but not limited to assessment, accounting, reporting and collection, and deposit of tuition and fees, exemptions and waivers. Ensure proper and timely payment of refunds and student credit balances including financial aid residuals, 3rd party billing, management of federal and state cash supporting aid and scholarships and collection of delinquent accounts and all billing and receivables. Has reporting oversight of the Student Accounts, Cashiering Operations, Receivables and Collections, and Scholarship Funds Accounting areas.
· Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
· Comprehensive knowledge of fiscal and accounting functions and their adaptability to agency or institution fiscal and accounting operations.
· Considerable knowledge of agency, state and federal guidelines concerning accounting and finance operations and reporting.
· Demonstrated ability to supervise a staff of professional accountants engaged in all aspects of the agency or institution fiscal and accounting operations.
· Demonstrated ability to apply and adapt accounting principles and methods to a variety of agency or institution fiscal needs.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement accounting policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to assemble, analyze, and prepare reports and financial statements covering complex financial data.
· Demonstrated ability to present financial reports, either verbally or in writing, to agency or institution management.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze financial data and to assess impact on agency or institution operations.
· 6 years of administrative experience in accounting/business office required
· Educational system experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required
· Master’s degree in Business Administration or Accountancy with at least 30 hours in Accounting preferred
Think Next LLC
3100 Main StreetHouston, TX
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Financial Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.