We are currently seeking a strong Clinical Hospice Manager to oversee a clinical team within our hospice department. Long tenured staff within a phenomenal Home Health and Hospice organization. Top end compensation, comprehensive benefit package and an opportunity to work with a leading Hospice organization!
A) EDUCATION AND TRAINING - Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is preferred.
B) LICENSING/REGISTRATION/ CERTIFICATION: Current Missouri RN Licensure
Current driver's license
C) EXPERIENCE: Two - five years of recent progressive experience in hospice and/or related field. Knowledge of regulatory requirements and management processe
D) SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of regulatory requirements and management processes.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Physical and Mental Effort: Manual dexterity skills, including repetitive use of hands, fingering, and grasping, Able to stand, walk, and sit four (4) hours at a time.
Repetitive bending and reaching up to two (2) hours a day. Average vision/hearing,
Able to lift 25 pounds from floor to waist.
F)Hepatitis A Vaccination: Required
Responsibilities and Standards: All are essential job functions according to ADA guidelines . These are measured by supervisory observation, staff and resident/family feedback, review of documentation, and in-service attendance.
Organizes, coordinates, and directs the ongoing clinical operations of the services/clients assigned to them within the agency by the DCS and/or Executive Director.
1. Ensures the delivery of quality patient care and appropriate supervision during all service hours, including, but not limited to supervision of RN's, LPN's, and CNA's
2. May be asked to asist in preparing annual budget with DCS and/or the Administrator and controls operational activities toward accomplishment of budget goals.
3. Ensures that adequate qualified personnel are provided, retained, and utilized in an efficient manner. Hires, fires, counsels, evaluates, and motivates staff who report to this position.
4. Provides professional growth and development of staff and ensures adequate staff education, orientation, and evaluation
5. Participates in the Quality Improvement Program
6. Ensures compliance with regulatory and accrediting standards.
7. Maintains ongoing liaison with staff and community.
8. Ensures the accuracy of public information materials and activities
9. Assists with the development, implementation, reviews, and revises policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services and meeting the agencies goals and objective.
10. Be on call when necessary
11. completes other duties as assigned