Are you looking to join a team that provides the best quality care in the State of Illinois? Apply today for this Assistant Director of Nursing position near Wapella, IL. We are seeking an individual who is motivated, caring and is looking to grow their skills! If you are a team-oriented individual who is licensed in the State of IL; we would love to speak with you today!
Under general supervision, the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) supports the Director of Nursing (DON) in planning, directing, organizing, and evaluating nursing services to meet the total needs of the residents; ensures an efficient health facility operation in cooperation with other departments and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Supervises direct nursing care.
- Administers direct care as needed.
- Functions in the capacity of Director of Nursing in his/her absence.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities assigned by Director of Nursing.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Monthly/Weekly Staff Meetings and Scheduling.
- Makes routine rounds to assure proper care and a safe, clean resident environment.
- Supervises nursing personnel and participates in staffing, scheduling, counseling, orientation, and evaluation of nursing staff.
- Plans and guides the professional development of the nursing staff, monitor and evaluate the staff and make recommendations for training. Includes development of yearly training/in-service schedule for nursing staff.
- Provides specific orientation to Health Center nursing staff.
- Ensure annual competency evaluations and performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for following and investigating facility infections, the surveillance of facility infections, antibiotic surveillance and managing of isolation practices in the facility.
- Participates in family/resident counseling.
- Responds to emergency calls as necessary.
- Completion of Accredited Licensed Nursing Program (RN).
- BS Degree, preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and related professional experience.
- Minimum of 1-year professional managerial experience in related field.
- Clinical observation and assessment skills.
- Proficient computer skills necessary to complete documentation, review electronic health records and communicate with team members.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current RN license
- Current CPR certification
If interested or seeking further information, please apply directly to Shelley DeLano, Director of Recruitment; Shelley@ThinkHCR.com
Check our website for ALL the latest job postings nationwide: https://www.thinkhcr.com/search-jobs
#ThinkHCR - Recruiting Greatness.