We are seeking a Community Health Coordinator to join our team! You will assist in the daily care individuals with developmental disabilities.
JOB FUNCTION: The Community Health Coordinator (CHC) / Team Leader Responsibilities include oversight of the Medications, Records & Documentation, Menu & Household/Personal Shopping, Safety, Individual Finances and Housekeeping for a single residence. The CHC together with the Program Coordinator (PC) implements procedures to maintain and improve the health of each service recipient, including procedures related to providing emergency medical intervention including initiation of first aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and accessing emergency service systems. The HCC together with the PC will assure the implementation and coordination of health care services.
· The HCC presents form DDS 5, Referral Form for Examination or Treatments to the physician at each appointment with the health care provider. The completed DDS 5 is returned to the administrative office on the same day of the appointment and faxed to the DDSD Case Manager, a copy put in the Program Coordinator’s box, and the original placed in the individual’s home record.
· The CHC completes a monthly summary of medication events on Form DDS 6 Medication Review health status and medication review and turns it into the PC by the 5th of each month.
· TheCHC ensures each individual receives an annual physical examination. The form ABCDM-80 is presented at the appointment for documentation of the physician’s report as well as a DDS 5 providing further documentation of the medical visit. Standing Medical Orders are provided to the physician for update/necessary changes if any. Each form is prepared and signed by the MD, and reports of all other health-related assessments are obtained. Any document available on the day of the appointment is faxed to the DDSD Case Manager, a copy put in the Program Coordinator’s box, and the originals maintained in the home record as required by Duncan Group Homes’ records policy, on the same day of the appointment/service. Other relevant documents are made available to the Case Manager and the PC the day they are received.
· When a significant change in the individual’s function or health treatment occurs, that requires additional staff training or health care services, the HCC communicates the change immediately to the individual’s PC. The HCC will cooperate with the PC and the DDSD RN to update the DDS 7.
· The CHC is responsible for being familiar with each individual’s health care level and the needs develop health care service needs
· The CHC works with the PC to identify health care needs which have an impact on the individual’s life to incorporate and integrate into the IP through goals and objectives.
· The CHC is responsible for making accurate entries on the Continuous Medical Record, for DDS 36, within 24 hours of the appointment by recording the information identified on the DDS 6 or other medical records. The DDS 36 is maintained in the home record and required for each individual. Form DDS 36 includes, but is not limited to: physician’s current diagnosis from the DDS 6, and information about medical allergies; serious diseases and major illnesses; surgeries; fractures; sutured lacerations; chronic medical conditions such as seizures or diabetes; and reasons for emergency room visits or hospitalizations and diagnosis within the past year.
· The CHC delivers the DDS 36 to the individual’s annual team meeting and initiates a new DDS 36 for the new plan of care year.
- Assist clients with daily living activities
- Monitors, Audits Medication Proceedures
- Mentors and Trains DSP as needed
- Communicate ongoing care results and updates to relevant parties
- Collaborate with clients and families for best care opportunities
- Maintain a healthy and comfortable living environment
- Previous experience inMedical and personal care or other related fields
- CNA, CMA Helpful but not required
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills