Project Manager, Targeted Communications
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we?
Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. We’re hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people making real work. Come as you are. Bring what you bring. We’ve been around for 20 years. In contrast to our former identity that reflected what we do, we chose the name Thesis as it better represents how we do it: a full-service agency believing our strength is in our approach—believing how the work we make is only as strong as the thought—and data—we put behind it. That sounds intense. But make no mistake, we also play real hard. All while respecting work-life boundaries.
Mid-level Project Manager–Focused on seasonal projects within Targeted Communications, including, but not limited to email, apps, and SMS: Tracks projects end-to-end and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure successful deployment across multiple functions. Manages run-of-show timelines and documentation, proactively raises risks to senior leadership, and informs digital strategy based on marketing objectives.
You should care intensely about your work without conflating work ego with personal ego. While you’ll be working closely with clients, our agency’s integrated teams collaborate equally and share accountability, in failure and success alike.
Be prepared to let the best ideas rise to the top.
Please note This role is a full-time, 3-Month Contract.
As a person, you are:
One who is self-sufficient, embraces challenges and can remain composed, assured, and effective under pressure. You are able to demonstrate strategic thinking and creative problem-solving in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
As a worker, you will:
- Be responsible for developing and supporting the creation of marketing plans that drive digital objectives and strengthen daily relationships between consumers and the brand.
- Manage projects from discovery to activation, and take ownership of all deadlines.
- Effectively communicate between departments and stakeholders across various cultures and time zones to ensure timely, effective completion of all digital projects and ensure asset delivery to all supporting channels and teams.
- Sit on a client-embedded team and interface with clients on a daily basis.
- Serve as a knowledgeable, reliable contact point for any information required by the client, including tool expertise.
- Create, review, and maintain strategic and creative briefs to ensure they meet defined targets and goals.
- Balance creativity with organizational and procedural excellence in an ever-evolving environment.
- Proactively manage strategic priorities, raises risks, and offer productive solutions.
- Identify, plan, and implement process guardrails that lead to long-term improvement and increased productivity.
- Facilitate performance reports and develop campaign summaries.
- Provide project status updates and create formal recaps for key stakeholders.
- Communicate complex concepts and core information to a large group of people clearly and effectively.
- Identify, suggest and implement areas of opportunity within the seasonal marketing planning process.
- Manage moving pieces across multiple projects with confidence.
- Facilitate meetings, manage agendas, and capture clear notes with action items to share with appropriate stakeholders.
As for experience, you need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Advertising/Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience in a large/enterprise corporate setting.
- Background in complex project management and digital marketing strategy.
- Experience working with project management tools and other software, preferably Airtable and Keynote.
But even better, you have:
- A passion for sport, a deep curiosity for the consumer approach, and an interest in different cultures.
- An interest in solving complex problems, a hunger for learning, and the confidence to make strategic decisions.
- The capability of handling ambiguity and driving the work autonomously.
- The ability to comfortably present campaign summaries to client stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Knowledge of best practices and key functions of digital marketing channels and concepts (e.g., improving consumer experiences through audience segmentation strategies).
- The ability to manage multiple projects of various scopes with differing and converging timelines.
- A self-motivated and proactive team spirit who takes ownership of and accountability for projects.
- Excellent communication skills that provide clear direction and enable collaboration between teams.
- The ability to extract challenges and/or underlying concerns through team collaboration.
- Experience building relationships, confidently interacting with all levels of leadership, and understanding and valuing cultural differences.
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse, perpetually changing environment, while maintaining a calm and positive spirit.
- The willingness to manage and collaborate with remote workers and/or third-party creative agencies.
- A strong understanding of digital, commerce, and internet concepts, including the latest online community trends, user experience best practices, and technology jargon.
Above all, be hungry to learn and grow beyond this job description.
Still with us?
Cool! Let's talk.
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It's a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You'll see this in our hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because our agency, our work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age
BusinessView all jobs at Thesis
Get fresh Digital Marketing Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.