The Tool Design Engineer / Mold Designer will collaborate on process and continuous improvement. They are responsible for demonstrating high-level performance that delivers high-quality designs, which meet customer regulations. The Tool Design Engineer / Mold Designer will play a key role in the continued growth and success of the Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide engineering support to the product design team and other company departments including automation, molding process, and quality control
- Regularly assess the status/progress needed to finish the mold/tool. Communicates regularly with Management and Department with any concerns or issues that may affect mold delivery. Participate in corrective action plans to ensure mold/tool is delivered to meet standards and expectations.
- Interface with CNC machining, designers, programmers, and other personnel to assist in the routing, planning, work instructions, problem solving, and expediting of mold.tool components on assigned jobs.
- Consults with engineers, production personnel, programmers, and others to resolve product and equipment issues. Works with engineering to develop products, molds/tools, and processes
- Coordinate engineering changes from concept through production release
- Attend all new tool samplings to review and document improvement items
- Go to molding areas to assist in troubleshooting issues to make adjustments/repairs at the injection molding machines at time of sampling and testing
- Develop unique solutions to solve product design and manufacturing challenges
- Tool design and development
- Serves as a credible resource to others; answers basic questions pertaining to a specific area of expertise
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Other duties as assigned in management's sole discretion
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience (5-7+ years preferred)
- Prior experience as a toolmaker a plus
- Logical thinking ability and a strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with the plastics injection molding process
- Experience with the plastic injection mold tool design and manufacturing
- Demonstrate initiative; results oriented; willingness and ability to institute change
- CAD Experience (Creo strongly preferred), PowerShape, NX, SOLIDWORKS considered
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, along with exceptional organizational skills
- Rapid prototyping experience a plus
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Must have flexible working schedule to support operations
Why Work Here?Our mission at Thermoflex manifests itself in both our dedication to our customers and to a sense of community within our company. Our design team conceptualizes products with the future of the automotive industry in mind. In addition, we strive to utilize state of the art technological processes to manufacture value added products that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing to consumers. We realize that none of our success would be possible without our team of innovative and dedicated individuals. To this end, Thermoflex remains comitted to providing a safe and positive work environment conducive to creativity and production.
Awesome management team with opportunities to grow! Thermoflex is an ESOP Corporation!!