Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including minorities, females, individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane has a new exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Project Manager, you will manage all aspects of construction projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. You will also be responsible for the administration, implementation, and management of complex projects and accountable for assigned project's scope of work, schedule, and budget. Trane always focuses on a total solution to provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings!
- Plan and analyze assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Examine and review contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Establish an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion, and controlling expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Create and revise project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Prepare sub-contractor request for quotation's (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receive and qualify subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Generate technician work orders: reviews plan; review progress; and prioritizes tasks.
- Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Support the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposals.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business Administration with a minimum of three (3) years of HVAC project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Construction project management experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience in resource / manpower planning and team leadership of multiple technicians & engineers.
- Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners and contractors.
- Must be able to travel locally within state. Some overnight stay may be required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.