When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
As a Technical Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for sales and related support activities for Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Science Solutions Group, Biosciences Division, Protein & Cell Analysis Flow Cytometry Reagents products to specified academic, government or industrial accounts comprising the assigned territory: Northeast (Boston, CT, NH, ME)
Incumbent must be located within the territory/region with a strong preference for Boston area as a base.
What will you do?
- Achieve or exceed sales quota and objectives, while maintaining profitability and ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintain contact with customers to promote new products, close deals, and grow sales, as well as develop new prospects
- Develop strong working relationship with Marketing, Technical Support, Customer Support and Production
- Organize and conduct technical seminars related to the portfolio
- Develop a strong working knowledge of assigned products and services as well as applications utilized by our customer base, as well as strong working knowledge of the features and benefits of competitive products
- Develop a working knowledge of funding, market dynamics & end-user needs
- Play an active role within the North America commercial team, to share leads, develop opportunities, contribute to team spirit, and improve account penetration.
- Train/enable/support commercial representatives for base business maintenance and grow key accounts in the sales territory.
- Consistently and accurately manage sales process including sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Evaluate, attend and support local trade shows and conferences as needed.
How will you get here?
Requires a BA or BS in Biology, Immunology or related field, preferred M.Sc. or PhD
- Previous lab experience utilizing flow cytometry or previous sales experience selling flow cytometry reagents
- Strong technical background with a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a research laboratory setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel overnight travel up to 40% of the time
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record and willingness to travel by air
- Awareness of the life science marketplace, particularly of the flow cytometry market, its trends and our competitors
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan in advance and execute the plans
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus
- Works well in a team environment
- Capable of working independently
- Experience Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a "can do" attitude
- Able to work out of home office
- Able to lift 35 lbs. independently
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.