When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact:
The Strategic Account Manager, is responsible for maintaining reagent revenue in a prescribed group of laboratory accounts. The individual will be expected to maintain, defend, and grow existing laboratory business in these Reference, Hospital, and Health System Laboratory accounts. Managing the South East market.
S/he is specifically accountable for the strategy development and tactical execution of the Autoimmunity and Allergy account retention in their given geography. They will also be expected to hold regular Customer Business Reviews to work with the commercial team to ascertain and act on opportunities for growth and optimized lab utilization; initiatives that could include profile normalization, sales/outreach training, cultivation of clinical champions, etc. Where such opportunities exist, the role will act as the primary liaison between the customer (procurement, lab administration, bench, Medical Director, Outreach, etc.) and IDD Commercial personnel (RM's, HSE's, SAE's, TSS's).
The individual is expected to have a solid working knowledge of the laboratory industry, laboratory sales (Strategic Selling), and an ability to communicate appropriate clinical messages related to IDD's assays.
What you will do:
- Maintaining base business
- Achieving prescribed growth objectives
- Defending against competitive threat
- Orchestrating proper use of resources to ensure growth. This includes collaborative execution with RM's, HSE's, SAE's, TSS's and others where applicable.
- Holding regular Customer Business Reviews
- Providing business insight and value to retain customers an ensure customer relationships
- Leadership and decision making in adjusting strategy to account for local factors or market shifts
How you will get there:
- B.S./B.A., preferably in life sciences or business
- 3 plus years of sales experience in Diagnostics Sales is preferred
- Diagnostics or Medical Device Sales
- Strategic Selling/complex selling skills
- Superior communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Results oriented
- Ability to lead without authority to achieve sales goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to assimilate information to garner support for resources, change, etc.
- Must understand the key market drivers and dynamics of the US healthcare market.
- Must be a key advocate/enforcer of our Corporate Compliance culture and policies.
- Must be a role model for the 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement)
Relocation: This position is not approved for relocation. Must live within the sales area preferably near a major airport.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.