When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $24 billion and 75,000 employees in 50 countries.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our five premier brands, Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manager, R&D Program Management will play a critical role in driving New Product Introduction (NPI) portfolio success across BioProduction business. This role will lead the overall project management and support fostering a culture of collaborative innovation that enables product leadership through building an engaged, interconnected R&D community with effective operating mechanisms.
What will you do?
- Manage BioProduction Division's R&D Innovation Forum, bringing together R&D and BU leadership from across the division.
- Provide overarching management of the R&D portfolio across the division and lead team in determining the most impactful areas of investment for BPD, driving the development of innovative products for our customers.
- Lead and collaborate with business R&D project managers to oversee the development, design, coordination, implementation, analysis, reporting and maintenance of R&D project plans, including business case development, scoping, resourcing and lessons learned.
- Play a critical role in helping the team identify project risks, understanding their impact and implementation migration strategies
- Facilitate effective decision making by coordinating project team meetings with clear agendas, project prioritization efforts to ensure alignment with overall business strategy.
- Provide timely, accurate and comprehensive project updates to stakeholders and management per Product Commercialization Process (PCP).
- Oversee the coordination of BPD R&D information for reviews at the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) level.
- Minimum of B.S. in Science or Engineering related fields of study with advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of R&D project management experience in life science or engineering, certification preferred
- Life sciences, pharma, or biotech background is strongly preferred
- Strong track record of meeting objectives with a sense of urgency, effective working within a matrix environment and a passion of driving continuous improvement
- Effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work across a heavily matrixed environment and at all levels of the organization
- Strong written communications skills with the ability to interpret and summarize analysis results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Highly organized, with analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in ambiguity with attention to detail.
- Executive presence; strong presentation and communication skills
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.