When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) serves customers in a range of markets and applications from environmental and food safety analysis to forensic science and toxicology.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the sales representative sells HPLC, Ion Chromatography, Sample Prep, and Gas Chromatography products in the CMD division to customers in the San Jose, CA metro area. In addition to selling the product line, this individual provides customer support and manages the territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Has a consistent proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals and quotas. Identifies and interprets customers' requirements, shaping these requirements to fit the division's capabilities and communicates these to customers. Applies the division's products to customers' needs. Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders. Serves as the focal point of the division's contact with customers, a responsibility requiring a broad knowledge of the division and an attitude that is in tune with its goals. Functions as a business person, aware of and responsible to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition - their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers - their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers. Is responsive to customers' needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them. Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition. Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division. Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
Decision Making Authority:
Responsible for discount administration in assigned territory. Arranges presentation schedule with customer base. Manages controllable expense budget within assigned territory. Has ultimate responsibility for account management in assigned territory.
Specific Scope Data:
This individual supports the installed Thermo Fisher Scientific Instruments Division equipment in an assigned territory, as well as providing efficient fiscal management of the sales expense budget.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS Degree in Chemistry/Physical Sciences, or equivalent required.
- 2-3 years sales experience selling capital equipment, preferably in the analytical instrument market.
- Strong knowledge of HPLC, working knowledge of Ion Chromatography and Gas Chromatography instrument business.
- Fluency with personal computers is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions: Knowledge
- General Analytical Instrument product knowledge.
- Successfully manages subjective decision-making.
- In-depth understanding of the professional selling process.
- College degree or equivalent sales/business experience. Skills
- Clear, concise verbal communication.
- Clear, concise written communication.
- Effective time utilization.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Accurate sales forecasting abilities.
- Effective interpersonal communicator.
- Effective "listener".
- Customer focus. Abilities
- Positive image and mental outlook.
- Goal oriented.
- High level of integrity/credibility.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism/suggestions.
- Open to positive change.
- Willingness to travel.
- Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.Interaction with Other Employees (level of contact, purpose, and frequency)
- Director of Sales - as needed.
- Regional Sales Manager - weekly
- Service Managers - as needed.
- Marketing Managers - as needed.
Physical Activities: Reaching, lifting, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing.
Level of Physical Requirements: sedentary work and traveling via vehicle.
Level of Visual Acuity: professional and administrative.
Environmental Conditions: none
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.