When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Instrument Automation Sales Specialist will be responsible for achievement of annual revenue goals for instrumentation within the clinical segment of the Microbiology Division (MBD) in the United States.
The Automation Specialist is responsible for technical selling, presentation/demonstration, coordination of site visits and achieving or exceeding a capital budget for the assigned region. The Automation Specialist will target existing high volume media and blood culture accounts to position an upgrade to an Automation solution. They will also prospect for competitive targets and aggressively convert business to the MBD solution. This role works closely with 4-6 account managers and distribution partners within the region to achieve stated goals. Additionally, the Automation Specialist executes upon a strategic sales plan which is built in concert with the Regional Business Manager. You will manage the South East.
What will you do?
- Develop a territory business plan in order to achieve and exceed sales plan; monitors and reports progress regularly to Regional Business Manager.
- In concert with the Account Managers and Key Account Manager in the region, responsible for accurate forecasting and reporting of Instrument funnel (30-60-90) and the post sales responsibility of bringing instruments to a "Go Live" status.
- Serve as the technical and operational subject matter expert for the respective product lines.
- Maintain thorough understanding of competitors and their product lines, and can communicate the competitive advantages of MBD products relative to competitive platforms; gathers and shares information across the organization to the benefit of commercial strategy.
- Execute with commercial excellence a strategic sales plan for each account targeted.
- Act as a leader within the sales organization; provides training, coaching and overall guidance to Account Managers and others involved in the sales process to elevate the level of technical knowledge and competency, as well as driving the lead generation process with Account Managers and Distribution business partners.
- Attend sales meetings, conventions and training programs as required by the Regional Business Manager.
- Constantly strive to improve strategic selling skills, product knowledge, knowledge of competition and market dynamics, and how Thermo Fisher Microbiology solutions best fit the customer needs.
- Accountable for maintaining CRM as well as monthly reporting and forecasting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct one's self as a professional representative of Microbiology Division, remembering that your conduct and appearance will be judged by our customers and the general public and that in many cases this will be primary only contact with the company.
- Position is located remotely within assigned region and proximity to major metropolitan airport.
How will you get there:
- BS/BA required, Medical Technology, Microbiology, Life Science or Business majors preferred
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of clinical laboratory operations
- 5+ Years of documented success in Capital Equipment sales in the clinical setting
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to works independently and in a self-directed manner
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience effectively maintaining and leveraging CRM
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Strong presentation skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary
- Ability to travel up to 75% throughout region
- Sales experience with Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology products is a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.