What You Will Be A Part Of:
As a member of the Corporate Information Security Risk Management team, the Senior Security Architect is responsible for designing and guiding the implementation of security solutions that provide detection, prevention, and response capabilities to the Corporate Information Security team.
What You Will Do:
- Drives the technology strategy and solution architecture for Thermo Fisher's enterprise solutions and the Cybersecurity team's information security solutions
- Partners with architects and engineers across Corporate Information Technology to ensure solutions are in line with corporate strategy
- Builds and maintains a strong understanding of security techniques and practices across a wide array of technology areas including endpoints (Windows/Linux/Mac), networks, cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), and mobile
- Partners with security engineers to move from design to actual implementation of security solutions
- Develops and maintains architectural models for security solutions
- Defines security controls to protect technology platforms and works with policy and governance team members to ensure compliance with industry standard frameworks
- Assists with review of security assessments, risk analyses, and provides guidance to Corporate IT teams in security related matters
- Works with internal and external teams to both educate and influence to ensure global adoption of security solutions
- Proactively advises the business on how to maintain a strong security posture
- Continually identifies new technologies, methods, and procedures for enhancing the security program
How You Will Get Here:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise, infrastructure, or security architecture
- Understanding of enterprise architectural modeling languages/standards such as Archimate
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new and emerging technologies
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business acumen
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group: executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.