When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Associate Sales Rep is part of the Laboratory Products Division (LPD) which unites deep scientific expertise, a collaborative culture and rich resources to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals - quickly, reliably and safely. Our smart lab solutions make it faster and easier for our customers to focus on what matters most - delivering answers and innovations that save and improve lives. Covering the Northern VA/Fairfax VA/Washington D.C area
How will you make an impact?
You will be supporting the Laboratory Product Essential Sales as well as Laboratory Equipment Sales in large Academic Institutions. The Sales Associate is responsible for exceeding expectations for his/her product portfolio in the assigned territory. This will be accomplished by establishing strong business relationships with our current and future client base along with all Thermo Fisher division's and channel partners and by leveraging those relationships to generate significant new business for Thermo Scientific. In addition, the Sales Associate must improve the overall experience the customer has with Thermo Fisher Scientific through the streamlined approach and intense focus on the customer.
What will you do?
- Follow up on leads for sales opportunities received through our various channels
- Work with Thermos Fisher Scientific team to promote product workflow within large Academic Universities, and BioTech Accounts
- Uncover new leads for products by cold calling on labs, attend vendor shows, and reach new customers through marketing and social media activities
- Bachelor Degree required, science major is preferred
- 1 year Sales experience preferred
- Research Lab experience
- PC Proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and iPad family
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Laboratory equipment and consumable products
- Understanding of current business practices within Research Academic Environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or a