Under general direction, responsible for the inside technical sales support of commercial and industrial HVAC equipment and systems to primary decision makers with owners, contractors and consultants responsible for new construction and renovated buildings. As an Inside Sales Engineer, you will support the Commercial Sales organization by providing technical support and selling products and services typically via the telephone or computer order or responding to routing sales leads from Sales Engineers or Sales Managers. You will also be responsible for generating quotes for HVAC equipment sales within the assigned territory to engineers, mechanical contractors and owners. You will also support sales engineers and managers with new accounts, existing accounts and introduction of new products. Promote the Thermal-Netics, Inc., value proposition to contractors and consultants by providing technical solutions to the customer’s business and operational needs as well as demonstrating applicable technical knowledge.
- Support sales, with minimal supervision, the Thermal-Netics, Inc., offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to customer base while reaching optimal profit levels. Focuses on the design of new construction and renovation of existing buildings. Manages multiple, ongoing projects, particularly focusing on supporting sales of HVAC equipment and systems.
- Builds partnering relationships with contractors and consultant responsible for decision making to drive the system sales of Thermal-Netics, Inc., offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer’s business and speaks their language. Demonstrates technical expertise to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Observes checkpoints in the sales process that are buyer-driven such as bid documents. Demonstrates technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position ThermalNetics, Inc. Refers leads to other business segments.
- Addresses customer’s operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Differentiates ThermalNetics, Inc., services and products from competitors based on business benefit.
- Positively and credibly influence systems design and construction with contractors and consultants. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, represents and communicates bids.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively. Manages the high activity of the sales pipeline with a focus on bid documents, bid date, close of sale date.
- Assists the sales team by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
- Attends and presents at trade shows.
- Complete the sales process by ensuring total customer satisfaction at completion of project.
BS in Engineering Preferred (Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical preferred)
3+ years HVAC-related experience, excellent communication skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Why Work Here?ThermalNetics, Inc is a growth company that was founded in 1972. We employ roughly 35 people and have annual sales of approximately $40M. Our corporate mission is “serving customers with innovative HVAC solutions”. In striving to provide the most economical owning experience for the end user, we provide equipment and services to ensure the air we breathe in our schools, hospitals, commercial buildings, etc. is something that will allow us all to live happier, healthier, and safer lives. We also do all we can to give people the chance to grow. Our employees enjoy working at a place that offers a small company environment with big company objectives. You’ll be challenged to innovate, encouraged to apply your knowledge and well-rewarded for results.
Great benefits, family oriented, small company feel with big company objectives
Auburn Hills, MI