Fast growing full service home health organization backed by private equity is seeking several per Diem Occupational Therapists.
Set your own hours.
Evaluates and treats patients with disabilities, injuries and/or disease in accordance with the written and signed prescription and/or referral of a state licensed physician or other State authorized practitioner.
- Administers direct patient care in accordance with the written and signed prescription of the referring physician or other State authorized practitioner. Submits required documentation in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Department.
- Utilizes thorough and appropriate evaluation techniques to establish realistic goals. Designs and implements a treatment plan which best meets the needs of the patient and works toward achieving established goals.
- Develops and implements treatment plans to improve gross and fine motor coordination, movement and function of upper extremities.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team staff involved with patients’ care to enhance the integration of services to maximize the patient’s potential for recovery/improvement. Provides patient remediation in patient’s deficit areas to assist the patient to achieve maximum functioning in his/her daily life.
- Treats patients with acute or developmental disabilities using methods including but not limited to: kinetic activities, perceptual training and developmental sequencing.
- Instruct patient and significant caregivers in daily living skills including, but not limited to: tub transfers, dressing activities, feeding and household activities in order to promote a more independent and self-sufficient level of functioning.
- Participates in quality improvement chart reviews and activities.
- Reviews and arranges for required Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and instructs patient in use and protocols for dealing with malfunction of same. Makes appropriate recommendations for follow-up care upon discharge.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, required.
- Must be currently licensed as Occupational Therapist in Florida OR Must have a valid permit and become licensed and registered within one (1) year of employment.