Therapia Staffing is currently seeking experienced Special Education Teachers/Education Specialists to fill an opening with a school district in the are of Richmond, California. The ideal candidates should have reliable forms of transportation and should have at minimum, a Masters Degree in Special Education.
Requirements of Special Education Teacher/Educational Specialist
- Masters in Special Education/OR equivalent out of state license with good standing;
- 1-2 years minimum of education experience;
- Special Education License- Licensed in California OR willing to obtain,
- Willing to undergo background check.
- Mild to Moderate Certification
Benefits of the Job- Special Education Teacher/ Educational Specialist
- Travel Allowance
- Full time
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- 401k or long term incentives
- Company perks
Responsibilities of the Special Education Teacher/ Educational Specialist
- Manage a Moderate to Severe Elementary K-5 classroom setting
- 12-17 students full inclusion
- Collaborate with other classroom teachers, school psychologists, learning disabilities specialists, speech/hearing specialists, and school social workers to provide an integrated plan for developing the capacities of their students.
- Set learning goals for each student, assess their progress, and record their evaluations.
- Update parents on the progress of their students and enlist parental support with behavior control and home activities designed to supplement their classroom lessons.
- Supervise and train teaching assistants.
- Help plan for the transition of their students to productive lives after the completion of their secondary education.