Therapia Staffing has partnered with a school in Galloway, NJ to staff for an ESL Teacher. This position would be working with K-8th grade. The caseload would consist of 14 students. You would be required to have your NJ ESL Teaching credential. This is a full time (40hrs) contract with the option to renew for 20-21.
1. Performs those activities listed in the district’s classroom teacher job description as appropriate and applicable.
2. Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English in the Core Curriculum Content Standards and Illinois English Language Proficiency Standards (IELPS). Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with the district’s instructional program so that students meet and exceed learning targets and the requirements outlined in the state and federal law.
3. Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in content areas at levels that ensure learners meet or exceed learning targets, and allow English learners to meaningfully access the district’s instructional program.
4. Administers academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student’s progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition. Maintains complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth and progress.
5. Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
6. Facilitates frequent and effective home‐school communication by coordinating: conferences; written communication; parent trainings and other meetings/events; and administrative support for childcare, interpreting, translations, etc