The Staff Pharmacist will assist with management of vitaCare Prescription Services and assist with the fulfillment process. The Pharmacist will assist in obtaining and transferring prescriptions in and out of pharmacies as well as call center queue management. The pharmacist will be available for medication and disease state management consultations with patients via phone or video chat.
- Reviewing and interpreting physician orders; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Ensure medication is prepared and dispensed by partner pharmacies.
- Monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals is being done by partner pharmacies; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections of licensing agents and insurance/PBMs.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies reporting all in DI system.
- Develops staff's pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, and health care professionals assisting in quarterly workshops and in-services.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions; abiding by laws, policies, and guidelines at all times.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining and ensuring set KPIs are maintained and communicating with PIC any necessary changes needing to be made.
- Monitors call center’s quality control ensuring highest level of care is being given at all times.
- Maintains pharmacy logs and daily monitoring to ensure pharmacy is inspection ready at all times.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- The pharmacist will be available for medication and disease state management consultations.
- 5+ years of Pharmacy experience; or school training will suffice
- Active and in good standing Florida Pharmacist License.
- Excellent communication skills and high attention to quality.
- Call center management experience.
- Multi Lingual.
TherapeuticsMD, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.