We are seeking a Fee For Service PRP Rehabilitation Counselor to join our team! You will provide recovery-oriented rehabilitation services in group or individual settings.
Assisting clients with mental health diagnoses from therapists or psychiatrists and teaching life skills to live independently
Assisting clients in obtaining entitlements such as SSI, Medicaid, Housing, Medical and learning living skills (Doctor appointments, medication management, budgeting, communication, socialization, hygiene, nutrition, community resources, etc).
Occasionally transporting clients to on-site PRP group, Doctor and Therapy appointments as required by PRP and other resources as needed by the client.
Visiting clients 6 times per month for adults and 4 times per month for minors, completing progress notes.
Reporting to the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Specialist..
Must be able to strategically, logically and realistically analyze, evaluate and develop solutions for client’s rehabilitation needs.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with individuals of all ages, ethnicity, education and work experience.
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong technology skills to input clinical documentation in EMR and administrative coordination
Strong organization skills to manage multiple clients and scheduling.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master's degree in Social Work or Professional Counseling fields preferred. Minimum of Bachelor's Required.
Required license or certification:
CPR and First Aid Certified
Must pass a CJIS criminal background check and have no criminal convictions or history that indicate behavior which pose a potential threat to clients and staff
- Must have a driver's license, clean driving record and your own transportation
- Establish open lines of communication for individuals with mental or emotional issues
- Offer assistance to individuals with substance abuse issues
- Provide prevention-oriented therapy
- Implement and review treatment plans
- Collaborate with additional treatment providers and placement agencies
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Previous experience in mental health counseling or other related fields
- Familiarity with community mental health resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong leadership qualities