Accounts Payable Coordinator
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Specialist shall process accounts payable, check request and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies; schedule and process weekly or as needed vendor payments.
- Processes Full cycle accounts payable: Codes and matches invoices (distributing charges between departments). Issues checks and attaches supporting documents to the checks before submitting to signers.
- Process and analyses of Credit card statements, insurance bills and invoices on a monthly basis, which includes verification of all charges, distribution of charges between departments and denial of charges that are not for goods or services ordered by departments.
- Ensures compliance with AP internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Sets-up new vendors in ACCPAC system and maintains vendor files.
- Reviews vendor statements for outstanding invoices; works closely with external vendors and various internal departments to resolve AP issues.
- Reviews and analyzes Accounts Payable Aged Invoice Report
- Receives and reviews purchase orders, check requests for completeness and compliance with financial policies.
- Reviews and processes travel expense and expense reimbursement.
- Prepares documents for audits, which includes research, copying requested documentation and preparing worksheets/analysis for audit files.
- Process weekly vendor payments; establish and maintain a vendor payment schedule.
- Maintains the accuracy of all accounts payable documents including but not limited to checks, ledgers, and reports.
- Process and files 1099 Misc. forms.
- Provide additional support to the Finance Dept. as requested or directed by the Controller.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting preferred, Associated degree in Accounting required.
· 3 years proficient experience in accounts payable.
· Proficient in computer operations to include the following software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access); Accounting software (AccPac, preferred).
· Must consistently be patience, tactful, and have a pleasant professional demeanor when communicating with all levels of staff and vendors.
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal, teamwork skills, and a willingness to work harmoniously with different groups.
· Ability to set priorities and organize work responsibilities to ensure completion of assigned tasks within preset timeframes.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to all levels of staff and outside entities.
· Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the issues or points being made, asking questions, and developing a solution or compromise to the issue.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse cultures, education, social, and economic backgrounds.
· Ability to work in a team centered environment.
· Must have excellent problem-solving and follow through skills.
· Ability to exercise mature judgment.
· Ability to provide information to supervisors, co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Ability to produce highly accurate work with a minimal amount of errors.
· Ability to lift, push or move a minimum of 25 lbs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is primarily housed in a temperature controlled office. Moderate telephone use with a handset. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, 10-Key. Frequent use of computer programs 4-5 hours a day on average. Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 10% walking, 15% standing, and 5% bending, squatting, and kneeling. Ability to lift, push or move a minimum of 25 lbs.
Note: This description indicates in general terms the type and level of work performed and responsibilities held by the employee(s). Duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.