Theracare Services, LLC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Provide initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments.
- Establish a treatment plan in consultation with the physician and revises it with the approval of the physician as necessary.
- Assist in development and implementation of the interdisciplinary patient care plan as it pertains to Physical Therapy.
- Assist the physician in evaluating patients by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Treat patients to relieve pain, develop or restore functional and maintain maximum performance, using physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Consult and familiarize staff regarding the established plan.
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the family and patient in the physical therapy program.
- Instruct patient in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Provide the equipment required to carry out the plan.
- Arrange for out-patient service for procedures which cannot be given at home.
- Record on a timely basis all evaluation data, treatments, and patient's response to therapy intervention Also records quality assurance data.
- Prepare an assessment of the patient's condition and periodic evaluations and summaries.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and paraprofessionals as per agency policy.
- Record and report to the physician the patient's reaction to treatment and /or any changes in the patient's condition.
- Communicate with the physician at least every 30 days or whenever changes occur regarding the patient’s status and obtains additional orders, if necessary.
- Communicate with other team members (including Home Health Aides) and, when appropriate, instructs them in certain phases of physical therapy that they may use while working with the patient.
- Write clinical/progress notes on the date of the visit and incorporates same in the patient's record in timely manner.
- Participate in case conferences, physical therapy staff meetings, agency activities and in-service programs as necessary.
- Supervise the home health aide every two weeks when physical therapy is the only professional discipline involved in the patient's care and supervises the Physical Therapy Assistant at least monthly.Participate with staff, patients, and physicians in discharge planning activities and completes a Physical Therapy Discharge Summary.
Theracare Services, LLC
HealthcareView all jobs at Theracare Services, LLC