Revenue Accounting Director
Therabody Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
Our singular mission is to help people feel better naturally. We believe that when people feel better, they're freer to do what moves them. We're committed to continuous innovation and surround ourselves with specialists, thought leaders, and experts - inside and outside of the office.
We're dedicated to leading the tech wellness industry, and that starts with our employees. If you thrive in creative environments, are concerned with big, innovative ideas, love to collaborate, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are driven to succeed, get in touch with us. Together we can push the limits of what can be achieved for everybody.
Who We're Looking For:
Therabody is looking to hire an experienced Revenue Accounting Director to be responsible for the execution of all aspects of revenue accounting, coordinating with auditors on revenue matters, as well as driving the resolution of revenue accounting discrepancies.
This position is critical to the Accounting team and the company in ensuring initiatives are executed under proper accounting assessment and treatment in accordance with ASC 606 Revenue. Ideally, we would like to hire an individual who has experience working for a publicly traded company and understands the requirements needed to work successfully in a small but fast growing, entrepreneurial organization. The Revenue Accounting Director will be reporting into the Corporate Controller.
- Manage the Revenue function on the Accounting team in providing technical accounting expertise in cross functional meetings in areas of new offerings, changes to pricing, resell agreements, acquisitions and any other company initiatives that trigger revenue recognition impacts
- Determine appropriate treatment for US GAAP revenue recognition under ASC 606 by reviewing contracts, validating proper recognition in financial systems, drafting memos, and providing input to sales, revenue operations, and finance, as needed
- Partner with the Director of Accounting to oversee monthly and annual close activities which include analyzing accounts on a customer-level, preparing revenue journal entries, documenting and performing impact analysis over contract amendments and modifications, performing account reconciliations and flux analyses, and any discrepancies
- Create and enforce best practices for order-to-cash processes to enhance internal controls and process efficiencies. This may include pricing, contracting, collections, cancellations, credit checks, credit memos, and billing, among other things
- Act as the liaison for external auditors, including performing walkthroughs and responding to audit requests related to revenue
The Right Person Would Have
- 7+ years experience in Accounting, ideally within the wellness/consumer goods industry is highly preferred.
- Audit experience at a publicly-traded company
- Familiarity with Ecommerce, Direct-to-consumer, and B2B Sales business models.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, NetSuite, and Salesforce
- Must be very organized, detail-oriented and possess exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to convince, but also able to listen and understand.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex issues in a simple manner.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who manages projects end-to-end and has a demonstrated track record of getting results, organizing and prioritizing deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task several important priorities simultaneously.
Therabody is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment-related decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status. We will strive to provide an environment free of discrimination to our team members, customers, guests, and suppliers. We seek contributors from all backgrounds and walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their empowered, passionate, and authentic selves to work every day.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Therabody