Theo Chocolate is based on a core idea – chocolate can be made in a way that allows everyone in the bean to bar process to thrive. It’s part of why we make our own chocolate, to ensure that everyone involved is treated in a way that we can be proud of and that only the highest quality ingredients and processes are used. The result: delicious, award-winning chocolate. When you taste our chocolate, you will experience our passion and integrity in every luscious bite.
Theo Chocolate is proud to be the first organic, fair trade, bean to bar chocolate factory in the United States. It takes a large array of duties and committed people to make great chocolate. Our factory, kitchen, marketing and administrative offices are all located in a historical building in the Fremont district of Seattle, WA.
Currently we an opening for a Retail Sales Associate & Tour Guide. The opening is for a day shift position which includes weekends. It is a full time position eligible Theo's benefits package. This includes paid time off, paid holidays, and an attractive medical and dental insurance program where the base employee plan premiums are 100% employer paid. You can also take advantage of paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement, bus pass discount, and plenty of discounted great chocolate!
Theo is growing and we have ambitious plans. We anticipate there will be additional employment opportunities over time for individuals ready to assume them.
This role is important at Theo because the Sales Associate and Tour Guide do face to face interaction with our customers from the general public. To be successful in the role the individual must provide excellent customer service in the retail store as well as conduct articulate and enthusiastic tours for our guests.
All Sales Associate Key Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Acquire outstanding product knowledge in order to communicate product information to a wide range of customers.
• Accurately and efficiently complete sales transactions and all related cash handling functions.
• Conduct private and public factory tour.
• Facilitate group management during factory tours.
• Present tour information in an articulate and enthusiastic manner.
• Maintain a clean, well-stocked store.
• Perform daily retail tasks including merchandising, stocking, answering phone messages, cleaning and dusting.
• Answer customer calls knowledgeably, take tour reservations quickly, accurately and efficiently.
• Be a Theo Brand Ambassador in all interactions with the public and positively reflect the company products and culture/mission.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience working in a retail environment a must. Demonstrated public speaking experience to large groups of people of all ages. Must be able to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. English language proficiency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key functions of this job.
• Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision and Distance vision.
• Regularly required to stand and talk or hear.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Send us a resume and a brief summary of how you would be a good fit for the job and why you are interested in working for Theo Chocolate. The best (and only!) way to respond is through the online process outlined in this ad. Which means. . .please no telephone calls, and (really, please!) do not bring resumes into our retail store.
Theo Chocolate, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Theo Chocolate!