Theo Chocolate is based on a core idea – chocolate can be made in a way that allows everyone in the process to thrive. It’s part of why we make our own chocolate, to ensure that everyone involved is treated in a way that we can be proud of and that only the highest quality ingredients and processes are used. The result: delicious, award-winning chocolate. When you taste our chocolate, you will experience our passion and integrity in every luscious bite.
Theo Chocolate is proud to be the first organic, fair trade, bean-to-bar chocolate factory in the United States. It takes a large array of duties and committed people to make great chocolate. Our factory, kitchen, marketing and administrative offices are all located in a historical building in the Fremont district of Seattle, WA.
Currently we have an opening for an HR Generalist. This is an important role within Theo Chocolate. The HR generalist has both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training and development, payroll, employee relations, compensation and benefits. At Theo we understand that our business thrives when our people thrive, and that starts by hiring the right HR professionals.
This day shift opening is a full- time position eligible for Theo benefits. The package includes paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with company match, and an attractive medical and dental insurance program. You can also take advantage of tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer time, bus pass discount, and plenty of discounted great chocolate!
Objectives of the Role
· Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
· Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
· Assist in administering payroll, benefits, safety, compensation, and employee performance programs
· Manages recruitment process to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
· Suggest new procedures, policies and programs to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience
· Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Recruits, screens, interviews and manages the hiring processes to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
· Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
· Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information and payroll systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
· Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
· Perform payroll administration processing, including; bi-weekly and periodic updates to employee files, time-clock corrections, reimbursements, bonus/incentive pay, tracking PTO pay, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes.
· Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field, or the equivalent in experience
· Three to five years of HR Generalist experience
· Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
· Discretion and confidentiality are core expectations
· Extremely perceptive and capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to both employee goodwill and the business needs
· Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
· Able to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and duties, operate independently, demonstrate initiative and consistently meet deadlines
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
· Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
· Strong knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
Send us a resume along with a brief summary of how you would be a good fit for the job and why you are interested in working for Theo Chocolate. (It is easiest to place your brief summary into your resume document before uploading it.) Please do not bring resumes into our retail store and instead follow the online process outlined in this ad.
Theo Chocolate, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Theo Chocolate!