- Posted: 17 hours ago
Thentia is a fast-growing, venture capital-backed software as a service (SaaS) company that is emerging as a world leader in government technology with a platform that is transforming and modernizing how regulatory organizations are conducting business. As a company of builders, thinkers, and owners, Thentia gives employees the opportunity to create amazing solutions, showcase their talents, and benefit from our shared success as we scale up in the U.S., Canadian, and global markets. Our solutions directly impact public trust and regulatory integrity, helping regulators and agencies meet 21st century standards by leveraging predictive analytics, Big Data, AI, and other innovative capabilities. Internally, our culture fosters collaboration, inclusivity, intellectual curiosity, and professional development. We lead by our values of customer focus, integrity, accountability, adaptability, achievement, purpose, teamwork, and authoritativeness.
About The Role:
- You will need to quickly understand our business and product. You will need a solid understanding of the business problems we are trying to solve
- Participate daily in SCRUM meetings with your team lead
- Reporting to your team lead, you will be responsible for building out the Thentia Cloud Portal product and its features. You will ensure that you ship features regularly that are on time and bug-free
- As a software developer, you will resolve and troubleshoot technical problems which arise during the use and operation of software packages, including technical assistance in implementation, conversion, and migrations
- Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation, and maintenance of applications
- Experience in design, code, test, debug, and document applications
- Experience in application design, latest design patterns, deployment, and troubleshooting
- Ability to provide post-implementation support and resolve any post-implementation technical issues
- 3+ years experience with Java + Java Script
- Demonstrated experience with server-side programming languages such Java, PHP, C#, Python etc.
- Strong knowledge of relational and non-relational database technologies such as MySQL, SingleStore, SQL Server, MongoDB is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Design Patterns and Techniques
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, to learn new technologies and techniques
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Must have experience using Git or another version control system in a team setting
We’re proud to be ‘Great Place to Work’ certified in the U.S. and Canada. Nearly 90% of our employees have participated and nearly 9 out of 10 employees overall agreed that Thentia is a ‘great place to work’.
We are a hybrid workplace: At Thentia, we've adopted a hybrid work model with 3 days a week in office and 2 days at your discretion. As a company, hybrid collaboration is key to our success because:
- It’s noticeably and positively different when we have people together
- Being all remote is pretty impersonal and can be isolating
- Serendipitous interactions can spark new big ideas and innovation
- Problem solving and sharing ideas in real time moves us forward faster
- Cross group collaboration makes us stronger
- Having fun, together helps us win together
- Best of all…feeling the energy in the room around ideas and wins is incredible!
Thentia provides employees with a competitive base salary along with:
- Full Health Insurance coverage (programs vary for each country)
- Flexible paid-time-off, including vacation and wellbeing days, and volunteer days
- Parental Leave
- Year-end bonus potential (for eligible roles)
- Professional development & training, including Udemy Business
Thentia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are building products for a diverse world and are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard, which enables us to make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, provincial, or local laws in the regions we operate. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, or internships.
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Staffing Firms: Thentia does not accept unsolicited submissions. All firms must have valid agreements in place.
AddressElk Grove Village, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?