ThedaCare is committed to expanding psychiatric care to the communities. As part of this ongoing effort, ThedaCare wishes to add a Psychiatrist specialized and focused on the growing needs of our geriatric population. The ideal candidate will be board certified Geriatric Psychiatrist or General Psychiatry (with experience and comfortable working with older adult populations). The Geriatric Psychiatrist will be joining our team of four Outpatient Adult Psychiatrist, four Adult Psychiatric Hospitalists, two Nurse Practitioners, and over 50 outpatient clinicians and counselors.
This will be a unique opportunity to build Geriatric Psychiatry within a growing and established healthcare system! Additionally, this position will provide both outpatient services and services within ThedaCare?s Senior Living Residences and Skilled Nursing Facility, as well as consultation to other providers within the system.
More details regarding this exciting position:
- Work within ThedaCare Behavioral Health's Adult Psychiatry program
- Perform psychiatric evaluations, follow up care, and medication management
- Assist in community outreach efforts;
- Provide consultations at hospitals, assisted living homes, and otherwise as needed;
- See patients 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Limited call (2 weeknights per month)
- No weekend call
- Adult psychiatrists may perform ECT