Software Engineer (Back-End & API) (Hybrid Onsite-Remote)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
TheIncLab is the first human-centered artificial intelligence experience (AI+X) lab. TheIncLab’s award-winning, multi-disciplinary team is focused on designing and developing AI-enabled systems that learn and collaborate with humans. The company offers its clients comprehensive capabilities for rapid ideation, software development and building of smart systems and hardware solutions. Its open, scalable AI architecture approach, combined with years of experience in interactive engineering and emerging technology innovation, allows for rapid prototyping and deployment of transformational concepts, products and solutions designed to work with meaningful human interaction, effectively bridging the gap between humans and intelligent systems.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with back-end and API experience to join our Development Team! The Software Engineer will be tasked with architecting and developing scalable web platforms and building back-end infrastructure for applications that serve thousands of users. You will be creating containerized back-end services and connecting them to databases and front-end user interfaces. Ideal candidates will have experience working with database integration, back-end frameworks, server-side software and program languages, cloud computing integrations, API integrations, web security, and authentication and authorization methods.
- Assist the production team to define software architecture and develop scalable web platforms and back-end infrastructure applications.
- Build reusable back-end services that are composable with each other that fetch, process, and deliver data to front-end applications.
- Write logical and elegant code modules that can be maintained individually or by other developers.
- Use version control and documentation to communicate code updates.
- Communicate project status, recommendations, and address client questions and/or issues in a competent and professional manner.
- Validates and ensures back-end development requirements are met and comply with SOW.
- Complete tasks within budgeted time and works with management to escalate any project and/or task issues.
- Monitors and anticipates project challenges to work with management to resolve any problems.
- Help identify and troubleshoot development issues or bugs.
- Have advanced technical understanding of multiple programming and development resources used in software and development projects.
- Assist with the creation of product documentation and resources used for user guides, setup guides, user manuals, quick start guides, etc.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks, milestones, and deliverables to ensure project expectations and deadlines are met.
- Be resourceful with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to project issues, changes, or updates.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in back-end engineering and programming
- Experience working with Node.js is preferred (equivalent technologies will be considered)
- Experience creating microservices and containerizing services with Docker
- Experience using orchestration tools such as Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience working with C# is a plus
- Experience with cloud services like AWS and Azure is a plus
- All applicants must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a clearance due to the nature of the role.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 100% company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with employer match and immediate vesting
No relocation assistance is offered.
This is a direct hire position. We don’t accept indirect resumes, recruiters, or Third Parties.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.