Senior Software Engineer (Back-End & API) (Hybrid Onsite-Remote)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
TheIncLab is the first human-centered artificial intelligence experience (AI+X) lab. TheIncLab’s award-winning, multi-disciplinary team is focused on designing and developing AI-enabled systems that learn and collaborate with humans. The company offers its clients comprehensive capabilities for rapid ideation, software development, and building of smart systems and hardware solutions. Its open, scalable AI architecture approach, combined with years of experience in interactive engineering and emerging technology innovation, allows for rapid prototyping and deployment of transformational concepts, products and solutions designed to work with meaningful human interaction, effectively bridging the gap between humans and intelligent systems.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with back-end and API experience to join our Development Team! The Senior Software Engineer will be tasked with architecting and developing scalable web platforms and building backend infrastructure for applications that serve thousands of users. You will be working with cloud platforms like AWS/Azure and other resources including Docker and Kubernetes. Ideal candidates will have experience working with database transactions, web security, and authentication and authorization methods.
- Assist production team to define software architecture and develop scalable web platforms and backend infrastructure applications.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks, milestones, deliverables to ensure project expectations and deadlines are met.
- Write logical and elegant code modules that can be maintained individually or by other developers.
- Use version control and documentation to communicate code updates.
- Participate in client meetings, presentations, and product demos as requested.
- Communicate project status, recommendations, and address client questions and/or issues in a competent and professional manner.
- Validates and ensures that client requests and changes fall with the SOW (Statement of Work).
- Complete tasks within budgeted time and work with management to escalate any project and/or task issues.
- Monitors and anticipates project challenges to work with management to resolve any problems.
- Help identify and troubleshoot development issues or bugs.
- Have advanced technical understanding of multiple programming and development resources used in software and development projects.
- Assist with the creation of product documentation and resources used for user guides, setup guides, user manuals, quick start guides, etc.
- Be resourceful with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to project issues, changes, or updates.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development and programming
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud services like AWS and Azure
- Experience working with C#
- Experience working with Node JS
- Experience working with Python
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to travel for up to 20% of the time
- Applicants must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a clearance due to the nature of the role.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 100% company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with employer matching and immediate vesting
No relocation assistance is offered.
This is a direct hire position. We don’t accept indirect resumes, recruiters, or Third Parties.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.