The Young Women's Christian Association of Kalamazoo, Mich Kalamazoo, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Serve as a member of the finance team. Perform a variety of professional accounting functions involving project budget development, fiscal interpretation and analysis, reconciliations, reviews of multiple accounts an transactions, management of pre- and post-award accounting and reporting, and monitoring compliance with required fiscal deliverables. Act as liaison to Vice Presidents and Directors to ensure timely communication of accurate financial and compliance information for program and budget planning. Provide and oversee use of budget allocation maps. Provide assistance with general accounting/reporting needs. Collaborate with staff for effective and efficient use of data management software to report grant information.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- 5 years of experience with public or privately funded grants.
- Understanding of grant administration, budget development and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and in situations that require teamwork.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to translate financial information to non-financially trained staff.
- Ability to act as payroll processing back-up.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate reports.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated technical skills with MS Excel and email program such as Google. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge, preferred.
- Assist in the preparation of organization and private grant budgets under the direction of the Director of Finance and with the input of program staff.
- Responsible for the monitoring of proper implementation of approved grant budgets (private) with regular analysis and reporting of spending and variance trends and recommendations for action, in cooperation with all stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively with the Director of Finance and program staff in the implementation and practical application of accounting and finance recommendations and systems as needed.
- Oversee verification of all grant and contract expenditures and fiscal commitments for appropriateness.
- Prepare timely and accurate expenditure reports for all assigned grant and contract expenditures, providing financial reporting monthly to directors, VPs and development team.
- Manage, in collaboration with the Director of Finance, the organization’s annual audit, form 990 preparation, and funder reporting.
- Provide support to accounting personnel through assistance with general accounting and reporting as needed.
- Assist in completion of funder required fiscal reports in coordination with department directors and development team.
- Serve as a resource on grant administration and overall technical support to program and development staff.
- Comply with applicable local, state and federal licensing requirements/certification and/or regulations.
- Comply with organization policy regarding required reporting of child abuse, elder abuse, suicide and homicide.
- Safeguard confidential information gained as a result of job.
- As a YWCA employee, project a positive image of the Association and its programs to the community, the Association and the program.
- Work cooperatively with program participants, YWCA staff and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- YWCA location, Cornerstone
- Sitting, standing, kneeling, bending, some lifting
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- Orientation to YWCA Personnel Policies, Mission, Purpose and One Imperative.
- Racial Justice Training
- New Service Provider Training and Orientation
- Orientation to Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Confidentiality, Mandatory Reporting.
- Other appropriate training and in-service which will occur during employment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Young Women's Christian Association of Kalamazoo, Mich
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Young Women's Christian Association of Kalamazoo, Mich