Cell Culture Research Associate
- This individual will join a team of biologists to work in a collaborative setting and to independently execute sophisticated biological experiments.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience in cell culture, and experience with primary cell culture is preferred. Proficiency in various molecular and cellular technical skills is required.
- The applicant must be a demonstrated team player, adaptable to changing needs and able to work closely and responsively within their team.
- The applicant will be part of a fast-paced drug discovery team.
- Excellent communication and people skills are required.
- Conduct in vitro and ex vivo assays using rodent and human cells.
- Maintain and manage an efficient lab environment, including routine cell culture work and western blotting.
- Work closely with Senior Scientists to define relevant biological problems
- The qualified candidate will have a BS or MS degree, and relevant experience in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and works efficiently in a team as well as independently
- Sound understanding of general laboratory techniques
- Ability to execute, analyze, and troubleshoot experiments
- Extensive experience in cell culture and sterile techniques is required.
- Flexible schedule, including willingness to work intermittent weekends, is required.
- Experience with immunohistochemistry, protein quantitation techniques, and qPCR is highly desirable
- Maintains accurate and reliable record keeping including database management, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society