Food and Beverage Supervisor - Mountain Modern Motel
- Posted: over a month ago
Ensure the smooth operation of Basecamp at Mountain Modern Motel as well as the Beer Garden.JOB DUTIES
- Supervise and ensure proper operation of restaurant and bar at multiple outlets within MMM.
- Hire and train all restaurant staff.
- Implement hotel policies and procedures pertaining to the restaurant and bar.
- Practice safety standards and report all unsafe conditions to the proper manager.
- Schedule all restaurant employees in accordance with hotel staffing guides and weekly forecast, (avoiding overtime in scheduling).
- Must be Serv-Safe Manager Certified, if not currently must obtain certification within 3 months of employment. Must also be TIPS certified, or otherwise obtain within 3 months of employment.
- Monitor serving of guests and handling of guest complaints.
- Assist in seating or service of guests as necessary.
- Ensure all equipment for the restaurant is maintained and stored properly.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of all positions supervised.
- Maintain high level of sanitation as prescribed by local health department and company standards.
- Assist and implement promotional programs on an ongoing basis.
- Perform inventory of perishable goods, non-perishable dry goods and capital goods.
- Monitor inventory to ensure that stock is rotated properly to avoid loss due to spoilage and ensure reusable items are returned to stock.
- Attend all departmental and organizational meetings.
- Maintain controls and pars as prescribed by MMM Management.
- Responsible for labor cost and outlet food & beverage cost as it pertains to budget.
- Write and file reports regarding activities.
- Answer telephones.
- Review and evaluate restaurant employees on a regular basis as designated by hotel policy.
- Maintain and disseminate to staff effective knowledge of methods for compliance with laws governing sales of intoxicants.
- Oversee handling of cash and credit card transactions.
- Watch for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor.
Responsible for all financial, staffing, guest satisfaction elements of the MMM F&B Program.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Two-years of management experience in a high volume restaurant or hotel restaurant operation, previous cooking experience helpful.
- Financial Skills: Must be proficient in reading financial reports, and creating reports to disseminate to upper management to show F&B revenues, expenses.
- Must have developed English language skills to be able to communicate effectively (both written and orally) with other employees, guests or vendors as needed. Must be able to read and comprehend written information.
Lifting 30 pounds maximum with frequent bending, lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
Employees must fulfill their performance standards for this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of Mountain Modern Motel, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees. The job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by Mountain Modern Motel. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by managers.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
The Yarrow Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?