- Posted: over a month ago
The X Company is the real estate development and operations team behind X — the first and largest branded network of member clubs and apartment buildings in the country. X Co. is currently active in six markets, with 5,000 beds in the current portfolio and over $1B in planned construction activity. X Co. is unique in that it is fully integrated — able to acquire, design, build, and operate its real estate assets, as well as manage its growing member network and brand.
X offers its members professional-quality workspace to rival any co-working space and support the growing work from home segment; a state-of-the-art gym and fitness studio designed around class-based fitness activation, and attainable apartments including private residences and co-living suites.
In short, X Co. exists to improve the way we interact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers by determining their coffee interests and needs
- Prepare and sell all coffee and tea drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques
- Perform all cashier duties, such as taking and ringing up orders correctly and efficiently
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the menu, and be able to answer any and all questions about the dishes, their contents, and possible modifications
- Promote coffee consumption by educating customers on our offerings and answering questions relating to our menu and products
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and snacks
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; alerting a manager for repairs
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations
- Assist with managing an efficient flow of service during busy times; communicating with the kitchen when items are low or 86 ed
- Support BOH cafe when busy, helping run food to tables and helping with the dishes
- Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and suggesting updates to the processes; implementing changes; maintaining and improving the appearance of our space
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks
- Enhance coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Develop relationships with our customers and promote community within our space
- Arrive to work with enough time to be ready and at your station at your scheduled time
- Positive, can do attitude
- Remains calm during rushes
- Reliable, responsible, and punctual
- Friendly, warm, personable
- Proactive and independent
- Takes direction and responds to feedback well
- Solution-oriented hospitality & customer service skills
- Prior experience in a restaurant or cafe environment
- Bartending, serving, and/or barista and latte art skills are all a plus!
- Flexible hours, willingness to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to carry up to 30lbs
- Ability to stand or walk for long stretches of time
The X Company
FoodView all jobs at The X Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?