- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Quality Assurance Manager establishes, directs, and maintains effective quality and food safety systems and programs within the Plain City, OH manufacturing site through cooperation with cooperate quality and food safety team. This position is directly accountable for monitoring the existing quality programs and driving continuous improvement to assure sites are compliant to regulatory requirements and customer expectations.
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the site quality programs including Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Compliance. Programs include but are not limited to: Incoming Material Acceptance, Policies and Procedures, Document Control and Records Management, Finished Product Testing and Release, CAPA, Auditing, Management Review, Food Safety monitoring, Quality Training, and Continuous Improvement through Data Analysis and Tracking/Trending.
Duties and Day-to-Day Responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Play a key role in communication and support to cooperate quality and food safety programs and contribute to the continuous improvement of these programs.
- Ensuring site adherence to required food safety laws, regulations, company policies and practices. Oversee the implementation of Good Manufacturing Practices and associated FSMA programs to ensure product safety and quality.
- Coordinate with other internal facilities’ QA departments and corporate R&D department to ensure overall compliance to related regulations and customer requirements.
- Ensures the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other food safety programs at the manufacturing site.
- Lead, manage and develop a highly trained quality assurance staff to meet current and future quality requirements.
- Ensure timely escalation to Management of critical quality issues
- Ensure compliance and record keeping for all mandated quality checks, testing, sampling, and sanitation activities.
- Confirm product testing is completed promptly and accurately to ensure only the highest quality products are shipped to the customer.
- Control and update procedures, including quality procedures, standard operating procedures and work instructions. Ensure that procedures are accurate and staff has been trained on procedures.
- Develop and manage necessary quality training programs and administer the quality training to site employees.
- Prepare for and participate in customer and regulatory audits at the site to ensure superior audit scores and compliance with all regulatory and customer requirements. Review and document completion of any corrective actions and provide follow up with customers and regulatory agencies.
- Develop and manage the site internal quality auditing program.
- Manage troubleshooting efforts and investigations to determine root cause when personnel or process deviations or failures occur and subsequently, identify and implement necessary corrective actions to prevent recurrence. Provide full documentation of investigation and corrective actions accomplished.
- Oversee and investigate all site customer returns or complaints to ensure accurate determination of root cause and implementation of any needed corrective actions.
- Develop and monitor the site environmental monitoring program to assure manufacture of the highest quality products.
- Oversee the site Kosher program and procedures and maintain Kosher status on required products.
- Oversee the site allergen program and procedures and assure allergens are properly controlled to prevent cross contamination opportunities.
- Review and authorize Certificates of Analysis
- Ensure the development, reporting, and achievement of quality metrics to drive continuous improvement in site quality programs. Provide site management an accurate view of site performance through reports, meetings and presentations.
- Use continuous improvement methodologies and projects to improve and streamline quality processes.
- Assist group on new commercialized products so that quality and related customer issues can be resolved to ensure a successful product launch for the company and the customer.
- Manage the department quality budgets and spending.
Minimum Training, Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors of Science degree in chemistry, microbiology, food science, or health science; or five to ten years’ work-related experience and/or training; two to five years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment. Has experience in leading, developing, and coaching exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Knowledgeable in FDA and non-US quality regulations, guidelines, and standards is essential.
- Knowledge on CGMP
- Prior experience interacting with regulatory agencies is strongly preferred.
- Necessary characteristics include: being a self-starter, goal-oriented, attention to detail, team-oriented, ability to have positive interactions with other professionals without being critical and ability to multi-task.
- Understanding of quality testing and standards within the food industry including analytical, microbiological and sensory
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and business management software.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Set Vision and Strategy – Articulates a vision of the future. Consider the organization’s mission, strategy, strengths and weaknesses when making decisions. Translates the business vision and strategy into actionable work plans and goals. Aligns individual strategy to organizational strategy. Communicates a consistent message of the vision of employees.
- Build the Organization and Inspire People – Creates an entrepreneurial environment. Encourages calculated risk-taking. Maintains high energy and a positive attitude in challenging situations. Motivates employees and builds a team spirit. Serves as a role model for others. Supports an ethical work environment. Builds effective teams whose members have complementary strengths.
- Knows the Business – Envisions the future by using global marketplace, technology, and business knowledge. Collects and analyzes issues/trends that affect the business. Identifies and acts upon cross-organization or cross-business opportunities. Possesses and leverages broad industry knowledge.
- Drive for Results – Encourages employees who are innovative. Holds others accountable for delivering on their goals. Recognizes, rewards, and promotes people based on their performance, results, and development. Coaches others to guide their development.
- Make Difficult Decisions – Balances and/or reallocates limited resources as conditions change. Makes the difficult decisions, whether related to poor performance of people, projects, or businesses. Quickly acknowledges crisis situations and takes timely corrective action. Makes midcourse corrections as business conditions change.
- Encourage an Open Environment and Knowledge Sharing – Provides honest, accurate feedback to subordinates and peers, whether positive or negative. Openly shares relevant information. Encourages the expression of different points of view. Promotes an environment of knowledge sharing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Office, laboratory, and manufacturing environment.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced operation that can run 24/7 and that includes a dedicated group of quality minded professionals.
- Travel to other WG locations may be required for training.
The Wright Group
AddressPlain City, OH
Get fresh Service Assurance Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!