Director of Hotel Food and Beverage Operations
The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel Fort Worth, TX
- Expired: December 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Number 21143963
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel, 200 Main Street, Fort Worth, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Responsible for food and beverage daily operations, including Culinary, Restaurants/Bars, Room Service and Banquets/Catering, where applicable. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the food and beverage/culinary operation meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Develops a food and beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Supervises daily food and beverage shift operation and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Develops and oversees an order and purchase strategy for equipment and supplies.
• Supervises an effective monthly self-inspection program.
Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage/Culinary Goals
• Sets expectations and holds food and beverage leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how food and beverage is performing against budget.
• Makes recommendations for funding of food and beverage equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
• Works with food and beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
• Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages food and beverage budget.
• Monitors the department’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
• Ensures cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
• Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
Leading Food and Beverage/Culinary Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
• Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encourages innovation and drives necessary change.
• Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of food and beverage (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, culinary team).
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food & beverage team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with food and beverage team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent guest service.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
• Shares plans to take corrective action based on comment cards and guest satisfaction results with property leadership.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Coaches and supports food & beverage leadership team to effectively manage wages, food & beverage cost and controllable expenses (e.g., restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc.).
• Hires food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
More detail about The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel part of Marriott International, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/105714-the-worthington-renaissance-fort-worth-hotel
The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel
AddressFort Worth, TX
FoodView all jobs at The Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel