Creative Arts Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The role of the Creative Arts Director (CAD) is to serve the ministry in coordinating, both effectively and efficiently, the execution and implementation of the design and execution of all TWC’s services and special events. The person in this position must effectively lead, administrate and mobilize staff and Dream Teamers into a team that provides creative and meaningful services across all campuses. The CAD is also responsible for assisting the DOC with leading and developing creative staff members, Dream Team (volunteers), and other people or groups as assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Support all ministry services and events with audio, visual media, and lighting needs.
· Provides technical support for all TWC ministry events, including individual internal ministries and their events.
· Responsible for Online Campus Streaming and Television Productions.
· Plans, organizes, implements, coaches, and spiritually leads the Creative Arts Team and volunteers.
· Produce an audio/visual worship environment to promote worship by working closely with the Lead Pastor of Worship.
· Provide technology support for all events, including non-Sunday events as needed (i.e. Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Outreach Events, Conferences, Weddings, Funerals, Baptism)
· Recruit, lead, train, equip and evaluate creative employees and Dream Team/volunteer team for each venue of worship.
· Coordinate schedules to make sure that all campuses and venues are supported with qualified staff and Dream Team members.
· Ensure duplication of weekly and packaged message and message series media.
· Maintain A/V systems ministry-wide.
· Film and edit video projects (i.e. pastor’s messages, testimonials, etc.…).
· Produce and create motion graphics, message openers/bumpers for service and special events.
· Provide input and insight in vision casting and goal setting.
· Work closely with other departmental leaders and teams for the successful achievement of established and assigned targets.
· Maintain the Creative Arts Department budget.
· Direct leadership, supervision, and management of the Creative Arts employees and volunteers, which is inclusive of audio, video, lighting and duplication volunteers.
· Provide influence leadership, discipleship and management to assigned employees and volunteers.
· Build teams and train volunteers in the department.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
The Creative Arts Director position is full-time. The standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday with weekend hours. Work hours may vary depending upon the needs of the ministry. The duties of this position are required to be performed at the worksite and traveling throughout the community.
Dependent upon the needs of the Ministry, the Creative Arts Director may travel up 25%, locally within the community utilizing their own personal vehicle. Possible overnight travel up to 10%.
· BA in Media Arts or related field preferred or 3-5 years of Media Arts leadership experience.
· Must have knowledge and experience in the disciplines of live sound reinforcement mixing for music and speech, broadcast video systems, professional lighting system design and operation and video recording and presentation, required.
· Must be able to develop an excitement for the technical ministry, required.
· Strong execution focus and attention to detail, required.
· Strong work ethic, proactive and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively, required.
· Strong Project Management skills, preferred.
- Highly developed communication skills; articulate verbally and in writing; ability to synthesize information into well summarized documentation and presentations, required.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and a clean driving record, required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, required.
· Positive attitude
· Heart of a servant
· Creative and Forward Thinker
· Share the vision of The Worship Center to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
· High capacity multi-task individual comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to accept constructive coaching as learning opportunities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Extent of Public Contact:
· Daily contact with members of TWC
· TWC Leadership and staff members
· TWC Dream Team members
This job operates within the Ministry environment. This position operates in a Media environment providing technical support for all TWC ministry events, including online campus streaming and television productions, individual internal ministries events.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
This position is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques are required.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· To be a Tither at TWC (Leviticus 27:30)
o At The Worship Center we practice tithing for the support of Christ’s Body, the church as God commands. We recognize that giving 10% of our income is the biblical standard of giving.
· To Lead Small Groups (Acts 20:20)
o Small Groups are at the heart of TWC. Real life change happens in the context of relationships – small groups. In the Bible they worshipped in the temple but ministry happened house to house. Small groups at TWC take place during 3 semesters of the year. You are expected to lead a small group or participate in a small group each semester.
· To Disciple others to replace you (Exodus 6:6-7)
o The true measure of leadership is how you disciple others. TWC’s commitment to the Great Commission involves you. You should be intentional about identifying and developing other Dream Teamers and potential TWC Team members to serve in your department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands and may change at any time with or without notice.
At The Worship Center Christian Church (TWC), ministry is at the heart of who we are and what we do. Fulfilling God's great commission through a spirit of excellence allows us to be a place where all people can connect and grow. Ministry happens beyond the walls of the church every day. The responsibility of the Creative Arts Director (CAD) for The Worship Center Christian Church is to be in direct alignment with the vision and goals of the ministry and should have a clear calling and desire to serve in a ministry setting.
The Worship Center Christian Church
100 Derby ParkwayBirmingham, AL
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Senior Art Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.