Skip to Main Content

Maintenance Lead

The Workplace Group Sacramento, CA

  • Posted: over a month ago
  • Full-Time
Job Description

Job Title

Maintenance Lead (Mid Shift) 12:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Job Description

Our Client is a global leader in the building materials industry.  We’ve been around since 1917.  In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.

If you love a good challenge, you’ll fit right in.

We are looking for a Maintenance Lead (Mid Shift) to join our Maintenance team in Dixon, CA

Our Maintenance Technicians maintain and repair mechanical/electrical/boiler systems within a manufacturing environment.  They are also responsible for the execution of capital projects (installation, dismantling of equipment) and other various maintenance tasks throughout the facility.

Job Responsibilities:

Troubleshoot and Repairs Equipment – Evaluates equipment operation and performs necessary action when malfunctions occur or improvements are needed. Performs preventative maintenance activities as dictated by the work schedule.

Administration – Distribute work orders, process/ summarize work order data, initiates purchase requisitions, utilizes equipment and process documentation. 

Assists craftsperson with physical/ technical aspects of job execution on occasion, records/ reorders parts when necessary.

Responsible for all testing and documentation of fire system, boiler, and RTO.

Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:

This position spends the majority of time inside in a manufacturing environment (90%) and the remainder working outside (10%). There are some variables in the atmosphere that this position is exposed to – fumes, odors, dust, and poor ventilation.  This position also deals with special hazards: mechanical, electrical, and chemical.  Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., with frequent overtime and weekend work required.  Business is cyclical and will require flexibility in shift hours and days of the week worked.

  • Healthcare – We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
  • Retirement Fund – Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We’ll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
  • Training – We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
  • Tuition Reimbursement – Ready to get the degree? We can help with the tuition.
  • Idea Teams – You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation. 
  • Unlimited Coffee – Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.

Hourly/Salaried

Requirements

  • Education – High School diploma or GED required
  • 2-3 years of previous maintenance experience required; Additional vocational and/or technical training required
  • 5 years minimum of maintenance experience as a hands-on craftsperson in an industrial/manufacturing environment associated with engineering or maintenance activity will be considered in lieu of vocation/technical training.
  • Journeyman level in electrical or mechanical required
  • Technical/Mechanical/Electrical understanding of EPS making process and equipment – mixer stations, expanders, molds, augers, conveyers, raw materials, etc.
  • Understanding of basic mechanical & electrical principles as they apply to plant/process specific equipment (hydraulic, pneumatic systems also) along with the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment
  • Understanding of Company and department policies and procedures
  • Understanding of Facilities layout and utilization
  • Technical skills journeyman level in multiple disciplines electrical, mechanical, boilers systems, etc.
  • Leadership skills must be sufficient to direct a crew of four to six skilled craftsmen in a potentially stressful environment on a flexible shift basis, 24 hour operation basis
  • Ability to diagram equipment, or equipment control problems to quickly focus on source of problem and correct it in an efficient manner
  • Verbal and written communication skills must be adequate

 

The Workplace Group

Address

Sacramento, CA
USA

Industry

Real Estate

View all jobs at The Workplace Group

What email should the hiring manager reach you at?

By clicking the button above, I agree to the ZipRecruiter Terms of Use and acknowledge I have read the Privacy Policy, and agree to receive email job alerts.