The Workplace Group Sacramento, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Maintenance Lead (Mid Shift) 12:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Our Client is a global leader in the building materials industry. We’ve been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
If you love a good challenge, you’ll fit right in.
We are looking for a Maintenance Lead (Mid Shift) to join our Maintenance team in Dixon, CA.
Our Maintenance Technicians maintain and repair mechanical/electrical/boiler systems within a manufacturing environment. They are also responsible for the execution of capital projects (installation, dismantling of equipment) and other various maintenance tasks throughout the facility.
Troubleshoot and Repairs Equipment – Evaluates equipment operation and performs necessary action when malfunctions occur or improvements are needed. Performs preventative maintenance activities as dictated by the work schedule.
Administration – Distribute work orders, process/ summarize work order data, initiates purchase requisitions, utilizes equipment and process documentation.
Assists craftsperson with physical/ technical aspects of job execution on occasion, records/ reorders parts when necessary.
Responsible for all testing and documentation of fire system, boiler, and RTO.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
This position spends the majority of time inside in a manufacturing environment (90%) and the remainder working outside (10%). There are some variables in the atmosphere that this position is exposed to – fumes, odors, dust, and poor ventilation. This position also deals with special hazards: mechanical, electrical, and chemical. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 12:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., with frequent overtime and weekend work required. Business is cyclical and will require flexibility in shift hours and days of the week worked.
- Healthcare – We offer multiple options. Choose the one that fits your lifestyle. CCM picks up a generous amount of the cost.
- Retirement Fund – Save for your retirement with a traditional or Roth 401k. We’ll match a portion of your contribution starting on your first day of work.
- Training – We believe in being lifetime learners, so we offer dozens of training programs in the classroom as well as online.
- Tuition Reimbursement – Ready to get the degree? We can help with the tuition.
- Idea Teams – You can be part of helping us solve some of our toughest challenges or developing the next break-through innovation.
- Unlimited Coffee – Caffeine fuels some of the best ideas.
- Education – High School diploma or GED required
- 2-3 years of previous maintenance experience required; Additional vocational and/or technical training required
- 5 years minimum of maintenance experience as a hands-on craftsperson in an industrial/manufacturing environment associated with engineering or maintenance activity will be considered in lieu of vocation/technical training.
- Journeyman level in electrical or mechanical required
- Technical/Mechanical/Electrical understanding of EPS making process and equipment – mixer stations, expanders, molds, augers, conveyers, raw materials, etc.
- Understanding of basic mechanical & electrical principles as they apply to plant/process specific equipment (hydraulic, pneumatic systems also) along with the ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Understanding of Company and department policies and procedures
- Understanding of Facilities layout and utilization
- Technical skills journeyman level in multiple disciplines electrical, mechanical, boilers systems, etc.
- Leadership skills must be sufficient to direct a crew of four to six skilled craftsmen in a potentially stressful environment on a flexible shift basis, 24 hour operation basis
- Ability to diagram equipment, or equipment control problems to quickly focus on source of problem and correct it in an efficient manner
- Verbal and written communication skills must be adequate
The Workplace Group
Real EstateView all jobs at The Workplace Group