Camp Counselor (Summer)
The Woodlands Foundation Wexford, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $3,000 Yearly
Do you want to gain Leadership, Communication, Critical Thinking Skills and Creativity all in a FUN camp environment?
Look no further than The Woodlands!!
We also accept INTERNSHIPS!
The Woodlands counselor ensures that participants have FUN while residing in a clean, healthy, and safe environment. Counselors remain on campus overnight during all Woodlands camps.
Let's enrich the lives of individuals with disabilities and chronic illness together!
Counselors Will (while having fun):
· Fulfill all personal care needs of assigned participants during the duration of Woodlands programming.
· Provide adequate supervision at all times.
· Utilize high energy to engage camper participation in all activities.
· Provide support to campers in assisting them with recreational activities such as; music, art, nature, sports, mind, body, spirit and cooking. (We also have an adapted zip line AND archery range!)
· HAVE FUN!
All Staff are Expected To (while having fun):
· Provide individualized adaptations, accommodations, and modifications based on participant needs.
· Demonstrate clear understanding of all Woodlands policies and procedures.
· Maintain participant confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA.
· Serve as a role model to campers while maintaining positive professional relationships with all Woodlands staff members, participants, families, and guests.
· Possess and demonstrate enthusiasm and positivity towards all Woodlands staff members, participants, families, guests and assigned or scheduled tasks and activities.
· Willingly adjust to changing priorities or conditions.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS (while having fun):
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· PA Acts 33/34/73/31 upon hire.
· Unexpired CPR/ First Aid/ AED certification upon hire.
· Ability to pass a Drug Screening.
· Ability to ascending and descend slopes and transverse a variety of indoor and outdoor settings and uneven terrains.
· Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions and in swimming pools up to eight (8) feet deep.
· Ability to safely, securely and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
The Woodlands FoundationWhy Work Here?
Help change the lives of individuals with disabilities and chronic illness in a FUN Camp Setting!
The Woodlands is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with disability and chronic illness. Using its fully accessible and barrier-free facilities, the Woodlands’ programs enable participants to experience social, cultural, environmental, recreational and spiritual growth. Serenely nestled in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, the Woodlands’ 52-acre site features: an indoor heated pool, 48-bed lodge, dining hall, creative arts and computer lab, activity center, camping area, sports court, nature trail, adapted zip line, amphitheater, adapted kitchen, adapted archery range, and a par-3 adapted golf course. The Woodlands sponsors a variety of programs and is also available year-round to other organizations that serve individuals with special needs. See More
134 Shenot RoadWexford, PA