Landscape Operations Manager
At Winterberry, the LandscapeOperations Manager is responsible for managing all field operations within thedepartment. Coordinates the procurement and scheduled use of resources,including labor, equipment and materials to ensure maximum use and completionof work within budget, safety guidelines and quality standards.
This role also fosters thegrowth and development of field team members and assists them in carrying outtheir responsibilities as needed. By maximizing the established teams andsetting goals, this department should continue to develop and grow the Company’sclient base.
The Operations Manager will coordinatethe use of resources within other departments and lend support to operationalactivities for the Company.
- Development and implementation of strategies to meet client requirements and maintain a dynamic and committed continuous improvement approach.
- Be responsible for the cost effective rostering of site supervisors and the direct labor reporting to the site supervisors.
- Establish and annually review standards and work procedures for all crew members.
- Plan work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate services are rendered to all client accounts.
- Participate in Interviewing, selection, hiring, evaluation, and recommendations of crew members in accordance with company standards.
- Orientate, train, develop, and supervise of all supervisory staff under span of control.
- Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of equipment and facilities; recommend repairs, additions and disposals.
- Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans and staff education/training.
- Report unsafe conditions and conduct research to improve service quality and safety standards.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and communicate with Department Manager to coordinate operational activities.
- Maintain and support Operational goals and objectives.
A fit with our core values: sincerity, honesty, passion for thelandscape industry, enthusiastic energy, strive to improve ourselves througheducation, driven to develop more efficient methods, focused on developingpeople and their careers.
- People skills; high levels of communication skills, verbal, written and physical.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no adverse marks
- Must know our geographical area
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge for minor repairs
- Must have an OSHA 10
- Must be familiar with reading blueprints
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in the workplace
The Winterberry GroupSouthington, CT
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.