The Corporate Store Area Manager is a field operations role within Dash In that is responsible for the site level operations for Dash In’s Corporate locations in the Delaware area. This role is responsible for ensuring that each store meets or exceeds Dash In Brand Standards, that each store is staffed appropriately, and is focused on improving sales and financial performance. Additionally, this role is responsible for store recruiting, Manager development, and succession planning within their store group. The Corporate Store Area Manager role will supervise 5 Corporate store locations, on average, and it is estimated that 80-90% of the their time will be spent in the stores.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of Dash In Operations, food service preparation and delivery, ordering, Dash In processes and procedures, profit and loss management, driving sales, and all other store functions. This role collaborates with the Retail Area Managers and Category Management teams, but will report to the Regional Operations Senior Manager.
Success in this position will be measured by improvements in Corporate store sales, financial results, Store Manager and store team development, and brand standards. Brand Standards are measured through 3rd party mystery shops, internal store audits, food production times, in-stock position, etc. Ultimately, this role leads the teams that delivers on the customer experience.
- Leads the store teams in their assignment to enable outstanding customer experiences by delivering on Dash In Brand standards. The Brand Standards include site cleanliness, well-stocked store, safe and inviting environment, friendly and engaging employees, and quality/timely food execution.
- Meets or exceeds the Corporate stores’ financial plans/goals including driving sales, achieving category margins, controlling labor and variable expenses, and minimizing inventory and cash losses.
- Develops the Store Managers to become effective store leaders which creates a positive store culture that delivers seamless operations that are efficient and consistent.
- Reviews Operational reports on an ongoing basis and completes an in-depth monthly financial review of P&L statements. Develops improvement plans based on actual results.
- Ensures Store Managers maintain a well-staffed store with trained associates that deliver on the expected customer experience at all times. Works with Recruiting and Learning dept’s to ensure each store meets expectations in this area.
- Ensures corporate policies are followed with respect to cigarette/alcohol sales, cash management, inventory management, daily paperwork, etc. and proactively addresses store related issues. Provides ongoing feedback to Supervisor.
- High School Diploma with an AA or BS degree preferred
- 5-years experience in an Operations, food service, and/or retail Store Manager Role
- Operational Proficiency
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to Coach, Teach, Develop
- Comfortable presenting to a team to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical Capability
- Attention to detail & follow-up
- Independent worker & collaborative
- Results driven
- Computer skills using Office 365 Software Suite