The Willis Law Group, PLLC, an established insurance defense firm, seeks a 1-4 year associate to join its busy practice in suburban Dallas. The position involves a heavy litigation docket including both insurance defense and first-party insurance litigation.
- The position requires experience in motions practice, discovery, depositions, and court appearances
- Trial experience a plus
- The successful candidate will have a Texas law license and admission to, or the ability to gain admission to, all four federal districts in Texas
- Experience handling general liability, professional liability, first-party direct actions, and complex commercial/insurance litigation
- Superior communication, writing and research skills.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage his/her own caseload and remain in contact with the supervising partner while working in a team environment with paralegals and legal assistants.