Development Associate - Part-time Position (Approx. 19 hrs. per week)
The Westport Library Westport, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Development Associate – Part-time Position (Approx. 19 hrs. per week)
An essential role on the Development team, the Development Associate performs all operational processes to manage the Library’s donor relationships. Reporting directly to the Chief Development and Marketing Communications Officer, she/he must be extremely detail-oriented and work to ensure delivery of impeccable donor services. This role is both internal and external facing.
- Process gifts and maintain the Raiser’s Edge database by entering data, creating new records, entering revisions and updates, adding notes and actions, coding gifts, sending donor acknowledgements, generating mailing lists, running queries and reports, and filing all donor documentation and correspondence.
- Serve as liaison to Finance Department. Submit all gift documentation to the Finance Department and ensure reconciliation.
- Manage pledges/pledge receivables and invoice processes.
- Generate reports including gift reports, donor histories, peer lists, and quarterly reports as requested by Executive Director and Chief Development and Marketing Communications Officer.
- Produce lists and assist with the mailing or e-dissemination of appeals, publications, and fundraising invitations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years related experience preferred
- Experience with Raisers Edge required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Impeccable attention to detail and exceptional time management, ability to manage multiple tasks, define and set priorities, and problem solve
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders (i.e., colleagues, donors, and volunteers)
- Occasionally required to work a flexible schedule including evenings
Interested candidates please submit resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of this position in the subject line.
In all the Library does and offers, the organization strives to provide a warm, welcoming destination where individuals read and research, shop the store, meet friends at the Library Café or simply enjoy the camaraderie of being in a shared space. There’s never been more to learn or more to discover.
The Westport LibraryWhy Work Here?
We are an award winning Library that is reimagining what a Library can be
The Westport Library is devoted to enriching the intellectual and creative lives of the community. Situated in the heart of downtown Westport overlooking the scenic Saugatuck River, the Library is a vibrant community hub where people of all ages come to seek information, gain knowledge, exchange ideas and share experiences. In all the Library does and offers, the organization strives to provide a warm, welcoming destination where individuals read and research, shop the store, meet friends at the Library Café or simply enjoy the camaraderie of being in a shared space. There’s never been more to learn or more to discover.
20 Jesup RdWestport, CT
TechnologyView all jobs at The Westport Library