- Posted: over a month ago
- $21 to $23 Hourly
We are hiring a Painter
Starting from $21.00 to $23.00 an hour
To professionally repair, prep, finish, and maintain all areas of the hotel including, but not limited to; public areas, meeting rooms, guest rooms and furnishings. This includes current facilities and any new areas or additions for current and/or future renovations. The employee must be able to finish all painted and stained surfaces. Must maintain a clean and safe work area while protecting and keeping clean any and all adjacent surfaces. Come be part of the experience and tradition at the Westgate Hotel.
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Room Attendant would be responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Insure that meeting rooms, guest rooms, and all public areas are always maintained in a pristine condition: free of nicks in the wood, nails in millwork, stains, vandalism, accident, or any other incidence of damage. Work orders will be completed whenever damage is discovered in a function room and follow-up will be required until the requested repairs are completed.
- Ensure that the standards of excellence are met in your work as well as your personal appearance.
- Properly repair and maintain work areas and tools
- Constantly monitor the cleanliness and condition of all banquet rooms, meeting rooms, public areas and guest rooms.
- Assist the supervisor in properly caring out duties such as;
- Last minute requests or changes
- Complete work order repairs and submit to supervisor when completed.
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining all guest rooms, meeting spaces, and public areas as well as any furniture and furnishings in those areas which includes all wall coverings.
- Anticipate guest’s needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Respond to and handle guest complaints quickly and with a positive, helpful, friendly attitude.
- Attend the daily stand up on time and receive your daily work assignments
- Experience painting residential or commercial spaces.
- Knowledge of painting tools and materials
- Attention to detail
- Color vision and aesthetic instincts
- Time management skills to ensure task are completed on schedule
Here’s what we Offer:
- $200.00 Referral Bonus after being hired for each referral that is hired after 90 days of employment.
- Flexible scheduling Full and Part Time.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other Benefits for full-time (30 hrs. a week) after 60 days of employment.
- Hotel Stay Discounts.
- Employee Meals.
- AquaVie Fitness & Spa - Membership Discount.
- Training and career growth opportunities.
- Discounts at Grand America Hotels & Resorts properties.
- Next to trolley station and downtown bus stops.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional environment.
- Regularly works in both Indoor and outdoor environments.
- Ability to move up to 100 lbs., with wheeled assistance.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting or lifting overhead 20-50 or more pounds.
- Physical activities include walking, talking, standing, stooping, hearing, seeing, talking, bending, reaching, fingering, feeling, touching, writing, grasping, handling, stretching, balancing, pushing, pulling, reaching up and down, and remain stationary at times throughout work periods.
- Considerable repetitive motion of hands, wrists, shoulders and back is required.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Westgate Hotel
AddressSan Diego, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?